2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Excellent Buy
By mira4 on 11/17/07 08:05 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Solid build quality, although the some of the plastics look cheap. Will not find a better car for the price.

Affordable, fun, safe, & reliable
By zlguocius on 11/04/07 20:57 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I'm the face of the "new" Impreza owner: a regular Joe, not a rally-race-enthusiast. I had my last car for ~10 years, & I hope to keep this one even longer. I don't care what the fascia looks like, so long as it's not hideous, & I'm not impressed with faux luxury touches on the inside, like aluminum trim or cow-hide. I want a practical but fun car, on a budget. Scooby-Rex fits that bill perfectly. It has been incredibly fun to drive, lots of power even below 3K rpm, handles like a dream, satisfying engine growl yet reasonably low road noise, and the sport-shift automatic is the best of both worlds. My biggest complaint is 18mpg in mixed driving, and the related 4-spd transmission.

For All the Right Reasons!
By House on 11/04/07 19:32 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's super safe with front, side and curtain airbags and child latches in rear seat. It's super fast with a turbo that has some lag but the most hustle at the price range and even into the next. The AWD is also safe and fast, gripping corners, bends, and off-ramps. Driving in the rain feels like the traction is that of a tank and its control is superb like the feel of a running back on a highway full of blockers. Interior material is much more durable than other imprezas. Highway driving at 23.5 mpg, city at 18.6 right now, the trip computer allows for an average mpg reading. Very roomy and easy to make use of the hatch area.

Beyond My Expectations
By stacie on 10/31/07 19:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just moved to the mountains this past February and knew that I wouldn't be able to survive safely if I didn't have an AWD. After talking to a lot of the locals, I started seriously looking at Subarus. My new little 2008 5-door Impreza is awesome! I love the way it handles, how comfortable it is, how sporty it looks and I have already gotten a chance to see how it handles in the snow... great! It is by far the best car purchase I have ever made.

Traded my '04 Impreza for an '08 WRX
By MP on 10/28/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had a 2004 Outback Sport (which I loved dearly) and was nervous about the new model given the bad press on the internet over looks & worse handling. I drove the WRX, came back to the dealer smiling, and lost all doubts -- it's a great car. Like most Subarus it's neither hideous or gorgeous -- a few years behind the competition in styling and execution -- but it is solid, versatile, hopefully as trouble-free as my '04 was. Yes, it is more softly sprung than my old car but honestly I don't miss the go-kart ride. This car does however have a bit more 'float' in fast turns than my old car due to the softer springs - don't like that. Still sticks great, not a dealbreaker! Give the car a look.

Classy sport
By twisterx1124 on 10/28/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This may sound weird but this is my second new car as a 19 year old kid. My other car was a sports car as well but I kept getting pulled over in it because it looked like a sport car. I knew the reputaion of the WRX and decided to go with it because its new remodeled look has more of a business edge to it. It's a cross between a camry and a 5 series BMW i say. I love the car so far and have had it about a week. There have been no problems... still has a turbo lag but hey it is a turbo. Overall great car but averages about 17-21 mpg so gas can get pricey.

Fast, Furious & Fun
By OlaMoto on 10/25/07 14:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a love it or hate it new body style and I love it! The car is clean inside and out. The navigation package offers a streamlined interior eliminating needless gadgets/buttons. The drive is amazing, smooth and controlled! Caution, one test drive and you’ll be joining the Subaru Owner’s Club!

Great car for the money
By scoob on 10/21/07 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been a fan a Subaru for years and I was excited to see the new design for the Impreza. I decided to buy one to replace my 01 Nissan Altima and I haven't looked back!! It does pain me to see Subaru in trying to popularize this model among the masses has missed a few critical details. In order to win the masses, a few options and standard accessories are missing which I will mention below. However, Subaru is still the best for the money! The AWD alone (premium on most other cars) is worth it.

Great car!
By Matt from Pittsburgh on 10/17/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been wanting one of these for a long time and am thrilled to finally own a Subaru!

Traded My Legacy for an Impreza
By ChuckB on 10/17/07 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Subaru and I traded in a 2001 Legacy Sedan Limited Edition for it two weeks ago. I selected the 2008 Impreza because of its looks, performance, price and safety features. I test drove a 2007 Impreza Outback Wagon (the dealer was trying to give it away) and was not happy with its performance or appearance. The re-designed 2008 has an upgraded appearance and performance with a sport car attitude. While it may not look like a traditional Impreza, I think the exterior is sharper than the 2008 Legacy Sedans (looks like a VW Jetta). I am very happy with my selection, its driveability and (of course) its AWD and great handling (better than the Legacy).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.