Used 2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

No real complaints
By NJ Owner

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Owned since 03/08 and have 11k miles on it. MPG is good, averaging about 27 with high of 31.5 on highway trip. I should have gotten the 5M instead of the 4A. I just don't like the automatic transmission. The black paint seems to scratch very easily, especially from fingernails around the door handles. I wish the hatch area was a little bit bigger. It looks adequate empty, but fills up real quickly. Can't wait to drive it in the snow, that's why I bought it. I am hoping I can get away with the stock tires, but will use snow tires if need be. I am 6 foot 1, 185 lbs and find the driver's seat comfortable and roomy.

Favorite Features

AWD, smooth ride, roomy interior(except for hatch space), looks, gas mileage, premium sound system, expected reliability,

Suggested Improvements

Better automatic transmission, sunroof, more seat adjustments/passenger side.

Great buy
By jnaz

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this vehicle, the gas mileage is great and it is a pleasure to drive. The back seat and trunk are both a bit tight but I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, all wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more rear seat space.

Very Happy
By CMM

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We are truly happy with this vehicle, the look, the comfort, the ride etc. I had a 6cyl and it's hard to downgrade to a 4 but the AWD does help.

Favorite Features

AWD. Handles great in the rain. Looking forward to the Buffalo snow!

Suggested Improvements

The side mirrors are really small, it's difficult to see vehicles without completely looking over my shoulder. I find myself rarely using them. It's frustrating.

Love this car
By Drew

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I average 27-28 MPG combined between city and highway....SPT Exhaust sounds great! Very comfortable, love the pearl white paint, good looking gauges. Very happy with this car!

Favorite Features

AWD, safety features, Turbo, boxer rumble

Suggested Improvements

stock stereo is horrible!!!!

Better then my BMW
By pennfootball71

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded in a 2001 BMW 330Ci Convertible for this machine. The Subaru has a better ride, handles better, has better room and comfort and even has a CD player my BMW was sans of. Higher RPMs the engine was getting tired so I added a Subaru Performance Tuning Exhaust and a K&N air filter that did the trick and it pulls hard all the way to redline now with no flat spots like before. Short throw shifter took away "notchyness" as well as a more comfortable MOMO shift knob. I have 3000 miles on the car and it is a dream to drive, and has a great ride. If you need something more hardcore buy an STI or the 09 WRX next year if you must have gumball tires that last 20 minutes!

Favorite Features

All Wheel Drive, animal turbocharger, better then my old BMW more reliable too. Nav system is wonderful, brakes are good, tires work in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Lighter clutch, height adjustment for passenger seats, weird stereo static gremlin needs to die because it pops up once in a while.