2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Beats Matrix,Fit, Versa and Vibe
By Aamir on 12/27/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car beats the Matrix,Fit and Versa when it comes to stability, power and performance. Try all the above in Wisconsin weather and you would know what I am talking about. Try the Impreza AWD and you would know why the trucks rush past you without caring much about the snow. It is the AWD, baby! The only thing I care about is the mileage. It is low but the car can give you more than 20 mpg driven in city conditions. It is as powerful as my Camry and does groan as others do when you hit the gas. The pickup is instant. The steering does not vibrate when on highway. Compared to all the above wagons this one is the best, safest and the fastest.

New to Subaru and Happy
By nt22 on 12/20/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

So far I have really enjoyed my new Impreza (3000k miles/two months). I opted for the simplified and economical 2.5i auto 5-door in dark grey with a center armrest ext. I've already added on the aux jack, rear seat net, and rear bumper cover. It's definitely a joy to drive around. It makes you hate city traffic, bored with open highway, and eager for some empty country roads. It would be nice if it were a bit quieter, but then it would be a Saab. I originally wanted a Saab 9-2 a few years ago, but it was discontinued and this car substitues perfectly, with the added bonus of AWD. I'm getting 25 mpg on mixed travel. Measuring highway trips gets me 28-32 mpg. Had absolutely no problems.

Great Car Great Price
By oZeven600rr on 12/18/07 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Lots to love about this car. For the low price, you get AWD, tight suspension, pretty good MPG, fun, and room. The base stereo (4 speakers) is actually OK and doesn't distort at high volume. I will be adding the Subaru subwoofer soon. The ride is great and the car feels like it has claws that attack the road. 5 spd is fun since you have more control. Trunk loses some space as it raises toward the back because of the new double wishbone suspension. Interior is good for the price. Plastic used on the door and dash, but for $16k I don't mind. I like the looks of the 2007 better, but oh well. The 08 is more "grown up" looking.

Great Impressions
By SkyHigh on 12/14/07 15:17 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For the money the car can't be beat! Even with the lower fuel enconomy, Honda and Toyota don't compare. Upgrading to the Premium package is worth the extra $. I've only put 400 miles since buying it and have yet to run above 4000 rpm (break-in period) but the engine is itching to perform! The standard AWD is perfect for Colorado weather. Seats are much more comfortable in '08 than earlier models! Great car and very happy so far!

Impreza1
By mike310 on 12/09/07 09:31 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We got the 2008 hatchback and have 1700 miles on it. Handling and comfort are excellent, it's really fun to drive. Performance getting better every day as the engine gets broken in. Used it in some deep snow, traction is great, it climbs steep snow covered roads with ease. So far the mileage is the only gripe. Getting about 20 around town and 26 - 27 on the highway. Hope it gets better when it fully broken in and the weather warms up. Excellent car, we had 2 Legacys before but the new Impreza is roomier than the old model. I'd buy another.

Great Value
By Caysey on 12/05/07 21:04 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a lot of car for not a lot of money. Interior room is comfortable, not a lot of wasted space, giving passengers more room. Powerful engine, tight steering, really fun to drive.

Great Combination
By KS on 12/05/07 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded in my Forester X for a WRX sedan and couldn't be happier with the decision. The WRX is a terrific combination for a cold weather city like Chicago: rocket like power and superb handling mated with all wheel drive and excellent cargo capacity. I'm finding that the WRX has bigger back seats and tons of trunk space so I'm not missing the wagon back. The refinement and finish and quiet ride of the interior is a world apart from the Forester. The only other car I would have considered would have been the Mazdaspeed3 but then I would have the awd for the weather. All around I don't think there is anything comparable in the price range.

2008 WRX Premium
By T from CA on 11/28/07 20:44 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I was in the market for a daily driver that was reliable, had excellent crash test ratings, affordable, and was fun to drive. The Subaru WRX was the answer. My wife and two kids fit comfortably in the car and the trunk has just the right amount of cargo space for our gear for our weekend getaway trips. This includes luggage, a stroller, and other miscellaneous things for the kids.

What they say is true
By RAS3 on 11/23/07 14:14 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I took delivery of a plain, no-frills, 5 door, 5 sp 08 WRX this past Monday. It isn't as "solid" (heavy) or quiet or plush as my old car. In fact, I have a strong sense of deja-vu with a '78 Corolla we once owned. It isn't a hard riding racer. It is a simple car that is very comfortable, quicker than most and a whole lot of FUN. The more I drive it, the more I like it. I was shocked by my first tank's mileage, then I realized that if I got off the boost once in a while, I really could get 22.5 mpg in town.

Impreza WRX wagon
By Hasanairforce on 11/22/07 00:51 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the car so far! It has a lot of room and the ride is really smooth!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.