2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Good Cruiser
By New Subie on 02/21/08 14:05 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Only have 500 miles so far, but it's been all good. Mixed city/highway on first tank yielded over 25 mpg, and on a 90 mile highway trip today, I got 33 mpg!! Plenty of power, great ride, and the new exterior design of the '08 is sharp.

Love the Car... Hate the Mileage
By linmike on 02/21/08 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car in January 2008. Have put about 200 miles on the car so far. Handles great in all weather. Mileage has not advance to more than 11.1 mpg; very disappointing.

Get a radar detector
By Mick on 02/18/08 18:09 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive, plenty of torque, manual trans a little clunky, needs to be easier to shift, headliner seems to be made of cardboard, plastics on dash are not top notch. Instrument cluster is good, reminds me of Audi. Test drove Civic Si, Subaru is quieter, better ride and don't have to shift as often, also get more torque at lower rpm, seats are more comfy and easier to clean, more back seat room. I picked WRX even though it cost several thousand more for its driving character and I like the looks of the sedan.

Excellent car
By Rob on 02/14/08 14:50 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased this car and have been very happy with it. The performance is excellent: the tight steering, acceleration, and the way the car sticks to the road. This is my third Subaru as I can't seem to part with the AWD. Definitely go with the premium package, it's worth it and adds pizzazz to the car.

Fantastic
By Mike on 01/30/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2nd Subaru. I traded in a 2007 Impreza. Got tired of the styling and ride. New 5 door just great. Get over 27 mpg mixed hwy and city. Car not broken in yet. Smooth, quiet ride. Zigs zags in and out of traffic. Buy it! You will love it!

great car
By new buyer on 01/25/08 18:17 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the Impreza. The 170 HP and AWD make the car perform exceptionally. The seats are of a 70s type found in cars in the 80s the velor which i prefer stitched cloth. I have test driven many cars this was my choice.

It rocks!
By New to subaru on 01/08/08 19:08 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had been looking at the WRX. But cost of gas using this as a commute car , made me look at the regular Impreza. I was under the idea that the Outback sport had drum rear brakes. That is wrong. My salesman pointed this out to me on a just delivered silver Outback sport. I look the looks of it. It drives so solid. If you haven't driven a Subaru before take a test drive, it is the oddest feeling and it is great. Try this car and you will buy one. The winter package is only available on the outback sport and the WRx. Interior is great and the car handles very well. No regrets buying one.

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
By joker75 on 01/06/08 15:02 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car yesterday. I have already put 100 miles on it, and have been very impressed. The VDC has kept me going straight even on very snowy and icy roads. I originally wanted a 5 speed manual, but the throttle response was terrible. with the car in gear it took about a full second to even feel the engine try to accelerate after pressing the gas pedal. However, the throttle response on my auto is immediate.

Nearly Perfect
By chris on 01/06/08 14:34 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car since the end of Nov. and I am loving it. Outback package is the best of the bunch, larger wheels, two tone, great features for a great price. Great in the snow, after 3000 miles I am averaging 24.6 mpg in mixed driving. The look grows on me more and more. Roof rack is noisy, but easy to take off. Not a big fan of the stereo, the sound never seems to fill the cabin or your ears. I think I will upgrade or get the amp. Heated seats and mirrors are great. Overall I am very happy.

2008 Outback Sport
By Jeff on 01/02/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2008 OBS, as with the Impreza/WRX family, is substantially changed from 2007. Most of the major issues on the earlier models (interior quality, handling, braking, climate control, tires, etc.) have been addressed, mostly successfully. The 2008, IMO, is far closer to the ideal of a WRX w/o the turbo than past attempts. The OBS's ability to travel through rain/sleet/snow, etc. is superb. Still, its appeal will likely be limited to those who value 4wd and a sporty image over size, utility, and gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.