2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great Base 4i, fast fun interior lacking
By p2adan on 04/01/08 23:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a Base w/out premium package a few days ago. Options: iPod, painted guards, mats. I love the front independent and wishbone, sooo smooth. Especially in Seattle where there are lots of hills, cobble stone brick roads and potholes. 5 star crash test rating. Can't wait to get to the mountain passes and take advantage of the AWD. This is simply much more value then any other car in class. If you can afford Premium w/ VCD do it.

I love my Subie
By Dawn on 03/31/08 04:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased 2008 Subaru Impreza wagon w/ premium pkg. after trading in 2001 Forester. Impreza styling, handling and performance are outstanding. I travel at least 100 miles daily and wanted a car that could handle the inclement weather and get decent gas milage, this is the car to get. Presently averaging 30mpg w/ AC! Love everything about this car.

Fast and balanced
By W.C. on 03/29/08 23:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the car a month ago and love every minute driving the WRX. My 2nd Subaru (2005 OBS) and WRX higher quality materials, cluster, seats. Much faster too. Extraordinarily spacious with 5 door, able to fit a whole patio furniture set no problem. Living in NYC, wanted AWD and looked at Audis but the 5 door WRX balances driving fun with practicality of everyday living for a little less money. I have grey metallic and its beautiful, thought the OBS was bland w/o the scoop. Look forward to each moment behind the wheel.

Great AWD Hatch
By Extremistno9 on 03/29/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

So far the car has been great. Drove it in a bad snow storm (10-14") and it handled great. I had to push really hard in order for the stability control to kick in. When did, the car straighened out beautifuily. The Outback sport has a slightly raised suspension over the stnd impreza allow it to be taken light offroading plus that allows the snow to not build up as much when driving. The radio is ok, but comes alive when using the aux for a MP3 player. Cargo space is great, seats are comfortable and heated. Dash and conrols are layed out very nice. Gas mileage is decent for a new AWD car. Avg 24 w/mainly city driving. Love the MPG gauge too! Makes you more aware of how you dirve.

Solid and Quick
By Dan on 03/26/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have my Outback manual for 1000 miles now and it is a pleasure to drive. The car is solid as a rock and the ride is very controlled but not too stiff even with the 17" wheels. The interior is laid out well and is also very comfortable to drive. Could use a bigger armest and lumbar control. The passenger seat could be a bit higher. Other than that it is very quick and gets good gas mileage, so far average 25 mpg in mixed relaxed driving. On highway it will get close to 30 mpg. It's not even broken in yet. I had a 2002 Impreza Outback and they don't even compare. This new one is that much better.

I'm Imprezed
By Joe R on 03/24/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

All I needed was practical transportation. Something to get me from point a to point b safely and economcally. I tried the Scion xB, Mazda 3, Rabbit S 4 dr, and the Saturn Astra. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. But, when you factored in what you can buy them for they were dealing on the Subaru plus you get AWD which was a huge selling point. The VW is supposed to be the gold standard at this price point, but the Subie was IMHO less plasticky. I needed the versatility of a hatchback, hence the 5 door. I must admit though the xB looked huge on the inside. But I got more car for the money.

OBS
By Joe on 03/23/08 22:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this OBS 4A a week ago and now have almost 600 miles on it. Nice little car with a roomier interior than one would think. My first Subaru (I've owned 62 vehicles including all the German and most Japanese). I'm averaging 25 mpg in mixed driving and expect it to go up another 10 to 15%. The OBS has good content. It does lean a bit as others have mentioned but not to a point of concern. My only complaint is of some dash plastic vibrations, lack of a sorely needed 5 speed auto, and lack of moonroof. I was aware of the latter two shortcomings going into this and purchased it anyway. I expect my OBS to serve my purposes for a couple of years and I am really quite pleased with the vehicle

Awesome Performance Car!!
By David on 03/08/08 12:16 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It is an exciting ride and handles like a race car. The suspension is Subaru's new double wishbone rear suspension. Great improvement over previous years. Great acceleration and top speed. The WRX is such an great value for the money you pay!!!

Dialed In
By Scott on 02/27/08 15:44 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC, Nav, Silver BBS (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As my third Impreza and second STI, this is definitely my favorite Subaru. The ride is smoother than the 05 model and generally feels more refined. The interior has plenty of little features I'd be wishing for in the previous iterations.

Great car!
By Scooby-Rex on 02/27/08 10:40 AM (PST)

Purchased this car 2 weeks ago and almost reached 1000 miles. Gas mileage has been a little better than expected--my combined driving right now gets me 25.2 mpg (I don't baby the car but I am not too aggressive either). Interior is very nice--audio and climate controls are well designed, very decent quality, and more spacious than previous generation. Even without the sports grille, I think the exterior is decent. I did not buy the car for the looks anyways.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.