2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
2008 Subaru WRX STi vs. 2008 Mitsu Evo
By Perry1 on 06/16/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After reading extensive reviews and test driving both the 2008 STI and the new Evo, I purchased the STI. Evo is more boy racer vs. STi's maturity. The STi is a pleasure to drive. The seats are more comfortable than the Evo's for longer distance driving. STi also has 3 different driving modes depending on what type of driving you want to do - Intelligent/everyday vs. Sport vs. Sport Sharp, a cutting edge racing type driving mode that gobbles up a tank of 93 octane like nobody's business! The Sport Sharp mode is like flipping a nitrous switch and boosts the already awesome acceleration over 3500 rpm. I actually have the little woman thinking that my, sorry, "our" new STI is a great family car!

I really like it, but...
By Unearthed on 06/16/08 03:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car does a lot of things really really well, but a couple of things keep me from giving it a 10 across the board. First and foremost, with 450 miles on it we have already developed a squeak/rattle from the dashboard. We've also had the radiator light come on for a minute when the car was only on for about 2 minutes. Other than that I love the way the car looks and it is very comfortable to drive. It's not quick, but it has enough power and it handles decently. The automatic trans seems a bit clunky, but I'm used to a manual so perhaps it's just me adjusting. For 21k I don't think there are too many cars out there that offer the features the Impreza does and also have 4WD/AWD.

Great Car
By Nick on 06/12/08 04:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. The only problem is the gas mileage, so I bought the manual and with some careful driving I can stay at 26 MPG, even in the city. Interior plastic feels cheap, but is study enough. For its engine size and weight it performs well enough though not exemplary. The Nissan Altima was a better ride but lacked electronic stability control (called VDC in the Subarus). Performance package is a must-have, it replaces the rear brake drums with safer discs. Also adds in-wheel radio controls and a six-CD in-dash changer. Shocks are pretty good. Tight fit for rear passengers. Corners very well.

08 Outback sport
By rachel on 06/04/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for two weeks. It is quite different than my last car (95 Toyota Camry), so it's taken some getting used to. My only complaints are road noise on the highway, and uncomfortable headrests (they push your head forward). I like the way it looks and drives so far, but we'll see after the upcoming winter. That's the reason why I bought a Subaru, for all the bad weather driving we do in New England.

New Impreza outback sport
By jeremy on 06/01/08 23:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have now owned this car for about a month, and have had time to fully evaluate the car aside from the maintenance. All in all, we are very satisfied with the vehicle and get about 23.5 miles to the gallon with 80% city driving. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Everything I was looking for and more!
By Chris on 06/01/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2 1/2 weeks old, 650 miles, and loving every one of them. This is my second Subaru. I have a 2004 Legacy Limited Edition and I had to get another. I love my Impreza. Getting about 28 highway and about 24 city mpg. I could not ask for more. Super fun to drive. 170 hp and feels like more. To this day both of my Subarus handled and held the road like no other car I have ever driven! Can't wait for the first New Jersey snowstorm! Dark Grey Metallic paint is beautiful and everyone says so. Wish it had fog lights, they will be coming soon! Great car for a great value

My 1st Subie
By kuling23 on 05/25/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

This car is great. One of the best deals if your looking for something in the 20-21k range. Very comfortable and very quiet ride. Suspension should be a little titer on corners but other than that, I love the car. Going on 4k miles now and have avg 24-25 consistently. Had one snow storm and the car didn't flinch once. The vdc works great and kept the car calm under snowy cornering. The seats fold flat down and make trips to lowes and hd a sinch. And u can hook up roof racks to the top with the pre-cut sockets on the rails.

Great Car for the Money!
By Brandon on 05/22/08 12:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it! The stick shift is fun and helps to maintain good fuel economy. I have been getting on average 26 to 28 MPG mixed highway/city driving. The car is very roomy, and the seats are comfortable. The ride is greatly improved over previous years with the new rear wishbone suspension and the outback raised suspension helps too. The acceleration is a bit slow but I am more intersted in saving gas these days. The maneuverability of the vehicle is great too, very responsive. I live in Vermont and I got his car because I knew it would help out in the winter season and that to me is worth a sacrifice in fuel economy. Usability over gas.

Everything I Expected
By bakems on 05/22/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Impreza in 2/08. I have put 4000 miles on it and am getting 30.9 mpg consistantly. Have experienced everything a Maine winter has to offer and this car handled great. Bought it for AWD, safety features and price. Fun to drive.

Simply said... "amazing"
By AWSTi on 05/14/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have an Aspen White 08 beast. It is simply thrilling!. Safety of AWD, performance of a Porsche killer, comfortable and satisfying as a daily driver thrill giver!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.