2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Perfect pass
By SpeedyPetey14 on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Driving the STI is an unmatched experience, especially. l compared to the Impreza w/o turbo. I previously owned an Impreza Outback Sport and always craved something more, the STI gave me that and then some. The SI drive and center differential settings are a great way to "customize" your driving experience every time you jump in. It's truly a Rocky Mountain toy.

Not worth the money
By Carmen on 10/31/09 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Way too much money for what you get. I paid $34,000 for my 2008 STI and it started to wear, rattle, and the is so cheaply done that it scratches easily and flakes off. The car is fast but is very hard to get it to drive smoothly. It jerks with the smallest of gas and throttle inputs. The utility of the hatch is great and its very fast. I averaged about 17 mpg and that should be against the law in a 4 cylinder car. The seats are cheap and offer no support. I have been in $18,000 cars with better sport seats.

Passenger Airbag concerns
By SBNP on 01/09/09 11:34 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently brought the car in for some warranty issues as well as a software recall on the ECU. I mentioned to the advisor that when my spouse or 13 yr. daughter sit in the passenger seat, the airbag off light illuminates. They assured me everything was fine and that I could have them take off of school and work to come in and they would teach them how to sit correctly. With some persistence the dealer called me back and confirmed that they cannot get the light to say on with ~105-129lbs. on a brand new STI. The NHTSA says that they never tested that car. SOA told me they did, but it turns out the base Impreza was. Either way, SOA said they will not change anything.

ZZzzooooommmmmm!
By LYLETN on 12/03/08 14:56 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really FUN!! I'm using it as my highway traveler & it's a real kick to drive. This is my 3rd Impreza wagon upping the horsepower every time. This car is much more refined than the 06 WRX it replaces. It has a great ride & is faster, & handles better. I've had no problems with rattles, the overall fit & finish kicks my former WRX square in the back end! There is no comparison.

STI for adults
By erven50 on 11/26/08 14:39 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 2008 STI in March of 2008 and have been completely satisfied. It is fast, useful and the 2008 avoided the "boy racer" wing of older STIs. Some say the car has gotten soft - as compared to what? If a far better car and as fast as my 2004 Mustang Cobra and a powerful car with all wheel drive is simply amazing. The dealers are now discounting the STI heavily - my advice is if you want performance and durability - test drive the new STI - and gas mileage is 20-22 if you exercise some control. The STI is hands down the best performance car I have ever owned

Too many RATTLES
By Subie on 09/17/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

New 2008 STi is unquestionably a blast to drive, and I actually prefer the new, toned-down body style. That said, I'm finding it a difficult daily driver. Not because of the transmission (clunky) or the gas mileage (mediocre), but because the car rattles so, so, so much. I've only owned it for a few months, and it is barely out of its break-in period. But it seems like every time I get in the car, it has developed a new interior rattle. No use turning to dealerships for help, in my experience, as they either fail to fix the problem, or claim to be unable to replicate it. Just how high do you have to turn the stereo and a/c to drown out all those rattles, boys?

2008 Subaru WRX STi vs. 2008 Mitsu Evo
By Perry1 on 06/16/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After reading extensive reviews and test driving both the 2008 STI and the new Evo, I purchased the STI. Evo is more boy racer vs. STi's maturity. The STi is a pleasure to drive. The seats are more comfortable than the Evo's for longer distance driving. STi also has 3 different driving modes depending on what type of driving you want to do - Intelligent/everyday vs. Sport vs. Sport Sharp, a cutting edge racing type driving mode that gobbles up a tank of 93 octane like nobody's business! The Sport Sharp mode is like flipping a nitrous switch and boosts the already awesome acceleration over 3500 rpm. I actually have the little woman thinking that my, sorry, "our" new STI is a great family car!

Simply said... "amazing"
By AWSTi on 05/14/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have an Aspen White 08 beast. It is simply thrilling!. Safety of AWD, performance of a Porsche killer, comfortable and satisfying as a daily driver thrill giver!

Performance w/ Comfort
By dgribble on 04/17/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Previously owned an 05 STI. This 08 is worlds above the old STI. It's more comfortable and waay more quiet. The power delivery is more linear, which makes it seem like it's not faster than previous version but speedometer says otherwise :-) The suspension offers no shock to the kidneys over bumps while retaining the ability to take corners at much higher speeds than the old versions. I love that the car looks more aggressive but does not grab the attention like the old versions with the big wing. Sleeper look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.