2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
'08 WRX SEDAN
By dScof on 01/06/10 11:34 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Subaru. I owned a 2005 WRX sedan before, which was a terrific little car. As for the '08, I initially didn't think that an extra half liter in engine size would make much difference, but I was wrong. This car revs so smooth and effortless, if you're not careful you can touch 100mph on the freeway without even realizing it. The handling in this car is superb, with some minor body roll, but it's not noticeable in everyday driving. Fuel economy could probably be better, I used to average 20mpg on the stock tires (tires = awful), switched to lighter, performance tires and am getting 22-23mpg in mixed driving, up to 30mpg at non-freeway speeds if I set cruise and stay off turbo.

Mostly satisfied
By cboy219 on 03/06/09 11:21 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After 1000 miles, pretty content. Comfy, good head room, fun2drive! Smooth pickup, good ride. The 'hum' from the engine is AWESOME. Good sized trunk. Car is perfect for a single person - quick and fun, 4 door versatility, adaptable to add luggage racks. Sporty and stylish enough, but kinda flies under the police radar cuz it isn't TOO flashy. I did have a cooling hose issue (factory didn't tighten it), and it does 'rattle' a bit which is scary considering I traded in a 1997 Ford Probe that didn't rattle at all, but overall a very great car in my opinion if it holds up over time. Other Subaru owners near me all are happy with theirs. I have high expectations for this car.

My First Subaru
By Todd on 08/29/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a Subaru Impreza WRX 5pd about six months ago. I must say it has been one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. Acceleration is good with the exception of a little turbo lag and the handling is great. The AWD take a bit getting use to being that you need to use a little more clutch than a FWD or RWD vehicle. I can wait to see how it does in the snow this winter. This is my first Subaru, but certainly not the last.

Love this car
By Drew on 08/21/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I average 27-28 MPG combined between city and highway....SPT Exhaust sounds great! Very comfortable, love the pearl white paint, good looking gauges. Very happy with this car!

Always looking forward to driving
By Lucas on 07/15/08 02:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So far at 5k miles I am happy. This car has exceptional power and still gets ~23mpg with spirited driving. I have not driven much in the snow with the car, but so far the AWD has been great at keeping me gripping all the time. Transmission is smooth although the clutch makes odd noises occasionally. Seats are comfy. The tires should be upgraded at some point, however so far they are evenly wearing. Trunk in sedan is short where it meets the back seats. The brakes don't seem quite as "grippy" as one would assume. Also road noise is loud in this car, but I can deal with that. The stereo is somewhat weak but the engine is wonderful to listen to. Overall very satisfied with purchase.

Subaru is my brand now
By bermo61 on 04/13/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had lots of cars, Jeeps, GMs, Fords, Chryslers, but I had pretty much settled on Toyota being my brand of choice for their reliability. Unfortunately they are kind of boring. I own a Yaris and although I love the mileage it is kind of dull. I want to have fun driving without spending a mortgage payment on my car... enter Subaru. I have the reliability of a Toyota with cutting edge technology and feature laden products. I love my new WRX. I have almost 5000 miles on it and it is so fun to drive it should be illegal (and frequently is based on my tickets hee hee).

Get a radar detector
By Mick on 02/18/08 18:09 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive, plenty of torque, manual trans a little clunky, needs to be easier to shift, headliner seems to be made of cardboard, plastics on dash are not top notch. Instrument cluster is good, reminds me of Audi. Test drove Civic Si, Subaru is quieter, better ride and don't have to shift as often, also get more torque at lower rpm, seats are more comfy and easier to clean, more back seat room. I picked WRX even though it cost several thousand more for its driving character and I like the looks of the sedan.

Great Combination
By KS on 12/05/07 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded in my Forester X for a WRX sedan and couldn't be happier with the decision. The WRX is a terrific combination for a cold weather city like Chicago: rocket like power and superb handling mated with all wheel drive and excellent cargo capacity. I'm finding that the WRX has bigger back seats and tons of trunk space so I'm not missing the wagon back. The refinement and finish and quiet ride of the interior is a world apart from the Forester. The only other car I would have considered would have been the Mazdaspeed3 but then I would have the awd for the weather. All around I don't think there is anything comparable in the price range.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.