2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Nice car but...
By oak6 on 06/12/11 05:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just returned this car off lease at 30k. The deal was too good to pass up: $199/mo. Reliability was excellent: no issues. I went through 3 Syracuse winters on M+S tires with no driving problems. That said, I was happy to be rid of the car. Engine noise is excessive and there is annoying vibration at over 2500rpm. Highway speed in 5th gear is about 2700rpm; get the picture? I test drove other Subes and all had the same issue. The boxers in the engine really go at it at high rpm. This car will accelerate briskly but that means high rpm. Who needs the beating. Great car at 200rpm which means 45mph. Homely. 27-30mpg (70% highway) duration of my ownership

Do not purchase this car!
By webbie304 on 01/16/11 13:23 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife new in 2008. We test drove the car and liked it. It is a good driving car, and thats all. We have had back to the dealer several times. Everything from the struts, sway bar bushings. Had to replace the brakes a little over a year of driving it. We live in an area with alot of snow, and the AWD is not very good. Only two wheels will spin at a time, one front and one opposite rear. There is no traction control what so ever. Save your money!

First new car
By edan on 03/03/09 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's a sharp looking car. Gets me a lot of complements. Not a lot of people know what it is which I like. I can't seem to find a comfortable spot to put the seat, and the clutch is the most unforgiving I've ever used. Fuel economy is pretty good I get about 25 city and 32 highway but I really baby it. There is no use trying to strangle power out of this thing. The interior is super nice, I love the blue accent light next to the shifter to put your phone or whatever. Fit and finish are exellent, interior is beautiful! Overall though I'm really impressed with the car.

Great buy
By jnaz on 08/23/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this vehicle, the gas mileage is great and it is a pleasure to drive. The back seat and trunk are both a bit tight but I would recommend this car to anyone.

Awesome car
By MURKCITY on 06/20/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car I have about 3k worth of miles on it. I drive it about 120 miles a day on a five day week schedule and on a reg 9-5 job schedule. I have the 5M and all I can say is that I love my car. It is awesome! This is the fist year that I am actually looking forward to the winter here in New York. Can't wait for the snow! I usually hate driving in the snow but after all the you tube videos of the Impreza's in the snow I cant wait! The only thing I regret is not getting the WRX sti. I might try to trade mine back in for it but not sure. Other than that I love it!

08 Impreza Sedan
By hntrania on 06/19/08 04:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for 2 weeks now and it is great, lots of highway driving and have had no problems. Can't wait to try out the AWD in the Colorado winters.

Great Base 4i, fast fun interior lacking
By p2adan on 04/01/08 23:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a Base w/out premium package a few days ago. Options: iPod, painted guards, mats. I love the front independent and wishbone, sooo smooth. Especially in Seattle where there are lots of hills, cobble stone brick roads and potholes. 5 star crash test rating. Can't wait to get to the mountain passes and take advantage of the AWD. This is simply much more value then any other car in class. If you can afford Premium w/ VCD do it.

great car
By new buyer on 01/25/08 18:17 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the Impreza. The 170 HP and AWD make the car perform exceptionally. The seats are of a 70s type found in cars in the 80s the velor which i prefer stitched cloth. I have test driven many cars this was my choice.

Great Car Great Price
By oZeven600rr on 12/18/07 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Lots to love about this car. For the low price, you get AWD, tight suspension, pretty good MPG, fun, and room. The base stereo (4 speakers) is actually OK and doesn't distort at high volume. I will be adding the Subaru subwoofer soon. The ride is great and the car feels like it has claws that attack the road. 5 spd is fun since you have more control. Trunk loses some space as it raises toward the back because of the new double wishbone suspension. Interior is good for the price. Plastic used on the door and dash, but for $16k I don't mind. I like the looks of the 2007 better, but oh well. The 08 is more "grown up" looking.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.