2007 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: MPG is better than listed - Fu

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

MPG is better than listed - Fun drive!
By Lauren on

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Six months and 14,000 miles into ownership, and I get happier each time I drive it. I use the Sub mainly to commute 3 hours each way into D.C. over the mountains and down the hills. Why the Suba-Rules: - The bucket seats are comfortable, great for long drives; - Very responsive steering; nimble; - Very responsive acceleration and most importantly, - I avg 27-29 MPG. The worst I got with plenty of city driving was 24 MPG. On trips where the speed limit was 55, I broke 30 MPG. Initially, the listed 22 MPG on this site and the 22-27 MPG on the manufacturer's site made the decision to purchase a bit of a drawback but AWD was important. Turns out, I got a nice mix of fun and function.

Responsive steering; slim body (easy for parking); AWD; good, responsive acceleration (I drive a manual; not as responsive in the automatics I tested).

Radio scan button that automatically continues to scan until you stop it; brighter headlines; larger fog lights; higher suspension; light in the hatchback area; key hole on hatchback door (or button release on dash board); simplified security system.