Good Car with a few flaws
By sub1 on
2007 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have had this car for 5 months now and it's a nice little car. The horsepower is plenty for normal use and the AWD will take us anywhere in a blizzard. The downside is the mileage, I have averaged around 23 and got 26 on a long highway trip. I thought the size of the car was great (I'm 5'8" 160) until I drove one of my larger friends (6'4" 220?) on a road trip. The back seat is too small for adults on long trips, but what do you expect in a compact wagon? Some other flaws I notice are the wipers don't go fast enough for Seattle rain and the bass goes away when you use the stereo aux jack. The satellite radio sampler only gave us like 15 stations, not a great sales pitch for Sirius.
Favorite Features
All Wheel Drive (though this may be what hurts the gas mileage). Predicted reliablility and resale value. Stereo sounds great as long as you don't use satellite radio or an MP3 player in the aux jack. Pretty fun to drive. The automatic climate control is nice.
Suggested Improvements
I had the car at the dealer for 2 days to figure out why the subwoofer wouldn't work with the aux jack, and they told me it was basically a design flaw they can't fix. It sounds terrible, making the jack useless for me. A faster wiper speed, better gas mileage, more satellite stations.