2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 90,000 mile update - Tranny

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

90,000 mile update - Tranny Problem
By Fandango on

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At about 75,000 miles, I began to notice a whine/rattle in the manual transmission and, when it kept getting louder, took it in to the dealer a few thousand miles later. It turned out to be a pitted output shaft bearing. The repair cost about $1200 but was fortunately covered by the extended warranty, which, with a road hazard tire replacement earlier, has now paid off about what I paid for it. So far, the transmission bearing has been the only mechanical problem. After 90,000 miles, I still love to drive this car. It's just fun. It still reminds me of a British sports car in its simplicity. Now consistently getting 28-30 mpg highway mileage.

Favorite Features

Great road visibility/sight lines, engine power, AWD, handling, simple/traditional cockpit controls.

Suggested Improvements

Stock basic sound system hums when the headlights are on. A/C inadequate on very hot days. Heater doesn't project heat all the way down to the floorboards when it's cold, so you'll have warm shins and cold feet.