2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
2.5 Special Edition Impreza
By elosiga on 07/08/07 23:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Special Edition in Newport blue gets a lot of compliments. It came standard with a 6 CD/MP3, sunroof, iPod connectivity, power everything, and climate control. Very happy overall, but looking back in hindsight, should have bought the WRX Limited Edition.

Amazing Car
By FJM on 06/17/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Beige Interior (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Couldn't be happier! This car is so much fun to drive. Awesome cargo capabilities to boot.

Best Handling on the Road
By Alias on 06/16/07 02:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I work valet, so I've driven pretty much anything out there. For my money, the WRX TR was still a good deal at $23k. While the interior is pretty bare (the TR model is lacking since they figure you're going to modify), you've got 230 horses pushing symmetrical AWD, with a low turbo point of just under 3000 rpm. This car sticks to the road like no other, and fast turns are almost a must. If you've got the cash, the STI has a lot of great upgrades, but if you're on a budget the TR model is a great place to start, with the potential for you to have your way with it. This car will turn heads, and leave plenty of others in the dust.

Great family car
By BCSubie on 06/15/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After nearly purchasing a Tribeca, we opted for the smaller better looking Impreza. Initially I was concerned about the smaller size of the Impreza compared to the Tribeca. Within the first couple weeks it was obvious the Impreza has plenty of seating and storage room, making us wonder why we almost bought a 7-passenger Tribeca. The car handles great, like you're stuck to the road regardless of road conditions. Power is better than expected which has made it very fun to drive. Interior isn't fancy but is well assembled and clean. Exterior has drawn lots of positive feedback. With a cargo box, bike racks and ski racks the car is extremely versatile. Great family car.

Not as reliable as you think
By Gene on 05/18/07 22:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been an owner of the 07 limited for almost 2 weeks and it's been in the shop more than in my driveway. There are several issues with the 07 sti models that people need to be aware of. Huge throttle response issues and some hesitation issues during acceleration. When I purchased this vehicle it was a rocket but after 3 days of fun it went into the shop for a check engine light. The dealer fixed the issue and now there's another problem. HORRIBLE throttle response! You will have problems with this car.

New to Subaru
By Steve on 05/18/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first new car. In the past I have owned Hondas, and up until a few weeks ago, I thought I would still own a Honda, but after driving the 07 WRX, I was hooked. The performance is THE best for the price, I love the interior and the seats, the steering is crisp, the transmission is smooth, the brakes are awesome, I'm getting better mileage than I thought with a turbo, 25-26 mpg, especially considering the way I have been driving it, and I can't get the grin off my face everytime I think about getting back in it. I am new to Subaru, and Honda set the bar high since that is all I have owned in the past 10 years. All I can say is, I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

horrible car, don't buy
By D on 05/09/07 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 2007 from a dealer with 30 miles on the odometer. Now it has 4,300. Horrible car. Small, uncomfortable, cheap looking. Interior vibrates in all places possible (started to do so when I drove it off the lot). Biggest problem: engine shakes ridiculously when idling. Dealer said it was "normal." Yeah right, it makes my passengers dizzy. Don't invest in this car, you will not be happy. There are many other problems to list: slow manual transmission, very rough ride, noisy tires, horrible aerodynamics, unbelievably cheap stereo, speakers crackle.

Amazing value, amazing car!
By fawiek on 04/28/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first Subaru and what a car it is! This car's performance is exceptional. I find myself taking corners at above average speeds, just because I can. :) The AWD system speaks for itself. It's a must have as I face Canadian winters ahead of me. I love the styling of the car, which is emphasized with the optional spoiler. The acceleration with the 2.5i (non turbo) is fair. It would not kick back your head like the WRX but at the same time your insurance bill wouldn't be off the chains either. Overall, it's the best car I've ever owned and I will continue to buy Subarus as long as those fine folks continue to make them.

Good Car with a few flaws
By sub1 on 03/29/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 5 months now and it's a nice little car. The horsepower is plenty for normal use and the AWD will take us anywhere in a blizzard. The downside is the mileage, I have averaged around 23 and got 26 on a long highway trip. I thought the size of the car was great (I'm 5'8" 160) until I drove one of my larger friends (6'4" 220?) on a road trip. The back seat is too small for adults on long trips, but what do you expect in a compact wagon? Some other flaws I notice are the wipers don't go fast enough for Seattle rain and the bass goes away when you use the stereo aux jack. The satellite radio sampler only gave us like 15 stations, not a great sales pitch for Sirius.

Fun little car
By no name on 03/21/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I have been very satisfied with this car. It handles great, the AWD grips the road very well, decent amount of power, and fun to drive. But of course this isn't a luxury car. The interior seems to be well assembled with no rattling and it looks cheap but it does have nice supportive seats and a sporty look. I get 22 miles per gallon in the city even though I push it a lot. Decent for an all wheel drive car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.