Used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Most Helpful|
Great Car... but buy a WRX
By Weston

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.5i model of the Impreza really is just the little brother of the 200+ WHP WRX and the 300+ WHP STi. If you want a good starter car for a teenager... this is not it. The 2.5i still shows an impressive 175WHP and is easy to upgrade. While the car may be lacking in power, it still shows a lot of promise in the handling and all around performance areas. If you are looking for a car that is an easy comparison to the RSX or the Civic but safer, look no farther. This car is GREAT and I have a feeling it will be great for years to come.

Favorite Features

Handling, AWD, roomy trunk, sleek design, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the SOHC engine with the DOHC to make it easier to play with.

36,000 Mile Update
By Fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car keeps growing on me. After driving it every day for the past year and a half, I like it as much or more than the day I bought it. It's just so much fun to drive. Every time I drive a rental or use my daughter's car and then come back to this one, I realize how much I enjoy driving it. I even find the seats comfortable now, though I didn't like them very much at first.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, responsive engine, good gear intervals, great sight lines, traditional instruments and controls.

Suggested Improvements

The base model stock radio/CD isn't very good. The radio buzzes when the headlights are on.

Awsome car
By jdvozz72

Love the car!

Favorite Features

Looks good and is still fairly quick for a non turbo.

Suggested Improvements

Radio is Very basic! Also Subaru doesnt put out many SPT performance parts for it.

I love my Subie
By Andy

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just sold my 99 Mustang GT and got an 07 Impreza. Great car. Plenty of pep considering it uses the same engine as the Impreza RS's used from 1999-2005 and it has pretty much the same 0-60 time as the Civic SI for less. The AWD is a blessing in adverse weather. This is my second Subaru and definitely won't be my last. I'll have to step up to a WRX next time though. I highly suggest adding the foglights and spoiler to the vehicle. They really complete the rally like look these cars are bred for.

Favorite Features

Peppy 2.5 liter engine. AWD. Smooth shifter. Great headlights!

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest that Subaru make the rear seats fold 60/40. And bring back the RS title, it's much classier than just "i."

190,000 Mile Update
By fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since new -- almost 7 years now. Repairs included replacement of a bad transmission bearing (covered by extended warranty) and a leaking head gasket. Otherwise it has needed only routine things like a battery, brake pads and struts (at 150,000 miles). It burns some oil. For quite some time, I have had to add a quart between oil changes. Otherwise it still handles very well and looks good, inside and out, despite frequent trips on dirt roads, including some pretty rough and steep 4WD roads. I still really enjoy driving this car, especially when the roads are twisty, and am glad I bought it.

Favorite Features

Visibility of surroundings, great handling, AWD, good tire life/wear, nice looks, fun power-to-weight, simple no-frills controls.

Suggested Improvements

The radio/sound system is pretty lousy, and it buzzes when the headlights are on. Center console doesn't work as an am rest, too low and too far back.