2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Love my Impreza
By Kathie on 04/16/08 05:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! It handles well in any road conditions. Brought my daughter back from college in a snowstorm at night, no slippage, great handling. I felt very safe. I live among mountain roads that can be very dangerous in bad weather and I am always confident in my Impreza. Very comfortable to drive. My only problem is the positioning of the drink holders, but if that's it, I'll take it!

Love the car!!
By k tracy on 04/15/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru and I have owned my car since Sept. 2007 and love it. I have had no issues with the car. It has been totally reliable. I drive 60+ miles a day for work and have already put over 16,000 miles on it. It's been a great car. I love the looks of the car. The handling is great. The AWD makes the car handle very well and all of the tires are firmly planted on the road. Great handling.

A real Subaru
By Dave on 11/08/07 11:20 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car, no problems so far (7k miles/8 months). Fun to drive, more than adequate power from the 2.5 non-turbo, 5 speed manual has a nice feel. Competent for light off road use, get the skid plates. Fuel economy has been about 24 MPG, which isn't great, but it is acceptable.

First Subbie Ever
By Brandon on 11/05/07 12:16 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fast, tight, solid and very nimble responds well and has plenty of room for a weekend get away. I needed a car to throw all my surfing gear into and this car is perfect for it. Body roll is almost non-existent, transmission feels smooth and crisp, throws are short. Engine sounds mean and agressive. Has a couple features usually found in BMWs and Mercedes. Cruising at 80 mph you still get great MPG, about 26-28 mpg. AWD works well, not too much understeer. Lots of power especially when you get around 3k RPM. Brakes are strong and work very well. Ride is smooth, a bit noisy but still comfortable. Stereo works well. This car is a blast to drive and I have no regrets.

Outback Sport Disappoints
By Suzanne on 10/26/07 04:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got the space that I wanted in a small wagon. However, I am very disappointed with the ride and the noise level. This car rides and sounds like my mother's rattletrap station wagon that she had when I was a kid. The ride is harsh, feeling every tiny bump in the road, and everything in the back rattles. The paint chips at the least little touch, and the 'pinstripe' on the passenger side is peeling off. This car, with only 4,500 miles on it is the worst car mistake I've ever made! It had 3,500 miles on it when purchased in Sept '07, so I've only put 1,000 miles on it. It could also use more storage space in the front. I don't see myself keeping much longer than a year or so.

First Subaru Purchase
By Outbackbeliever on 10/10/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Well after putting 3000 miles on in one month of ownership, here's my initial opinion. Car has been really fun to drive, decent power and good fuel economy (avg 29 in mostly hwy with the AC). AC does take a bit of power away, but hey, it's a 4cyl engine. Overall I'm happy.

"Tough Enough for Alaska"
By billandti on 08/30/07 00:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Tight, nimble, reliable and smooth little car. The wagon's appeal is the just-sporty-enough looks, cargo and comfort capabilities. I love the AWD since I live in Alaska's interior and need a reliable car to get me up hills and through our roads safely. I also chose the manual transmission for fun and fuel economy. The standard 2.5 engine is sweet and quiet but don't expect a power pull from this engine. With over 11K miles on my car since I bought it new, I climbed from 21 mpg new and now average 24 in the city. I've had 30 mpg on the highway if I keep it at 60 mph. 70-80 mph (summer driving) and I still get 27-28 mpg.

A Blast to Drive
By m1ck on 07/12/07 23:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving experience from behind the wheel exceeds expectations for a compact. Power more than adequate for city driving. First gear is short - takes off quick. Manual transmission is crisp. Handling and traction are superb - sticks to the road like paint when pushed hard. Ride is supple, rebound damping well tuned. Feels solidly planted. Standard features include: full-time AWD, independent suspension, four-wheel disc brakes, 16" alloy wheels, good tires, traction control, anti-lock brakes, power steering, airbags, power windows, A/C, 80W CD player, tilt-wheel, keyless entry, roof rack, ext temp gauge. Interior is clean and functional. Firm, supportive seats. Fun to drive, economical.

Amazing Car
By FJM on 06/17/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Beige Interior (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Couldn't be happier! This car is so much fun to drive. Awesome cargo capabilities to boot.

Great family car
By BCSubie on 06/15/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After nearly purchasing a Tribeca, we opted for the smaller better looking Impreza. Initially I was concerned about the smaller size of the Impreza compared to the Tribeca. Within the first couple weeks it was obvious the Impreza has plenty of seating and storage room, making us wonder why we almost bought a 7-passenger Tribeca. The car handles great, like you're stuck to the road regardless of road conditions. Power is better than expected which has made it very fun to drive. Interior isn't fancy but is well assembled and clean. Exterior has drawn lots of positive feedback. With a cargo box, bike racks and ski racks the car is extremely versatile. Great family car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.