Used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

70,000 mile update

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put more than 70,000 miles on this car, and I still love getting into it and snicking through the gears, zipping through the twisties and feeling the power as I explore the upper range of the RPMs. I've had no mechanical problems whatsoever, and, believe it or not, I'm only now getting ready to replace the original set of Bridgestone tires. The car consistently gets 29-32 mpg. With its simple, almost primitive features and great handling, it reminds me of an old British sports car. It was made for people who love to drive.

Power, gas mileage, handling, fun factor, simple cockpit, upright seating, great sightlines, AWD traction.

Cheap original equipment radio hums when the lights are on, and seat comfort for a long-legged guy isn't the greatest. A/C is marginal on really hot days.

36,000 Mile Update

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car keeps growing on me. After driving it every day for the past year and a half, I like it as much or more than the day I bought it. It's just so much fun to drive. Every time I drive a rental or use my daughter's car and then come back to this one, I realize how much I enjoy driving it. I even find the seats comfortable now, though I didn't like them very much at first.

Fun to drive, responsive engine, good gear intervals, great sight lines, traditional instruments and controls.

The base model stock radio/CD isn't very good. The radio buzzes when the headlights are on.

Fun little car but nothing exceptional
By SugarBear

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car! It's so much fun! BUT, the back seats do not fold down which kills me and the interior is pretty standard. No really extra features. I think if I were to do it over, I would get the Legacy instead b/c of the sunroom, and the more comfortable and luxorious interior or go with the WRX version. I have never had any problems with the car and the Subaru dealerships have always been great at doing maintainence and answering any questions that I have. The gas mileage is all right... I get around 28 mpg depending.

It has great power and handling, is fun to drive.

Would like it if the back seats folded down and had more interior features.

Still Fun, After All These Miles

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a 20,000-mile update after driving the car daily for nine months. No mechanical problems to report. It's still the most fun for the money. I like the simple, traditional interior design and layout. A word to those on a budget. This car comes with highly rated, very expensive tires, and if you damage one, you may have to replace the whole set to avoid damaging the AWD.

I've discovered the upper RPM range of the engine. Wow, the power and the glory! What a blast! This little engine is at its finest over 5,000 RPM. Who needs a turbo?! Gas mileage has been better than expected. I routinely get just over 30 mpg, even with occasional spirited driving and A/C use.

My initial grievances haven't changed. The seat comfort could be improved. It seems to be a Subaru thing. Too bad they don't put a little effort into it. Also, the stock sound system isn't very good; it still buzzes when the lights are on.

I love my little Suzie
By esergent

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a fun and reliable car to fit in a very broke college student's budget and got it in this car. Love the dealership and love the car even more. Wish I could have afforded the insurance for the WRX STi, but oh well. The 2.5i is tons of fun too. =)