Used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Most Helpful|
Awsome car
By jdvozz72

Love the car!

Favorite Features

Looks good and is still fairly quick for a non turbo.

Suggested Improvements

Radio is Very basic! Also Subaru doesnt put out many SPT performance parts for it.

190,000 Mile Update
By fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since new -- almost 7 years now. Repairs included replacement of a bad transmission bearing (covered by extended warranty) and a leaking head gasket. Otherwise it has needed only routine things like a battery, brake pads and struts (at 150,000 miles). It burns some oil. For quite some time, I have had to add a quart between oil changes. Otherwise it still handles very well and looks good, inside and out, despite frequent trips on dirt roads, including some pretty rough and steep 4WD roads. I still really enjoy driving this car, especially when the roads are twisty, and am glad I bought it.

Favorite Features

Visibility of surroundings, great handling, AWD, good tire life/wear, nice looks, fun power-to-weight, simple no-frills controls.

Suggested Improvements

The radio/sound system is pretty lousy, and it buzzes when the headlights are on. Center console doesn't work as an am rest, too low and too far back.

165,000 mile update
By fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 150,000 a head gasket was leaking. This repair cost about $2,500, which included grinding the valves while the heads were off and replacing the water pump and timing belt. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common repair for Subarus. The car is still fun to drive. It has a great power/weight ratio. I still think of this as my "new car," and it looks and feels new despite some hard use. The car is rugged built to last.

Favorite Features

Great handling, visibility and simple controls.

Suggested Improvements

They could have put a better radio in it, it buzzes when the headlights are on.

36,000 Mile Update
By Fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car keeps growing on me. After driving it every day for the past year and a half, I like it as much or more than the day I bought it. It's just so much fun to drive. Every time I drive a rental or use my daughter's car and then come back to this one, I realize how much I enjoy driving it. I even find the seats comfortable now, though I didn't like them very much at first.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, responsive engine, good gear intervals, great sight lines, traditional instruments and controls.

Suggested Improvements

The base model stock radio/CD isn't very good. The radio buzzes when the headlights are on.

90,000 mile update - Tranny Problem
By Fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At about 75,000 miles, I began to notice a whine/rattle in the manual transmission and, when it kept getting louder, took it in to the dealer a few thousand miles later. It turned out to be a pitted output shaft bearing. The repair cost about $1200 but was fortunately covered by the extended warranty, which, with a road hazard tire replacement earlier, has now paid off about what I paid for it. So far, the transmission bearing has been the only mechanical problem. After 90,000 miles, I still love to drive this car. It's just fun. It still reminds me of a British sports car in its simplicity. Now consistently getting 28-30 mpg highway mileage.

Favorite Features

Great road visibility/sight lines, engine power, AWD, handling, simple/traditional cockpit controls.

Suggested Improvements

Stock basic sound system hums when the headlights are on. A/C inadequate on very hot days. Heater doesn't project heat all the way down to the floorboards when it's cold, so you'll have warm shins and cold feet.