2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
190,000 Mile Update
By fandango on 10/04/13 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since new -- almost 7 years now. Repairs included replacement of a bad transmission bearing (covered by extended warranty) and a leaking head gasket. Otherwise it has needed only routine things like a battery, brake pads and struts (at 150,000 miles). It burns some oil. For quite some time, I have had to add a quart between oil changes. Otherwise it still handles very well and looks good, inside and out, despite frequent trips on dirt roads, including some pretty rough and steep 4WD roads. I still really enjoy driving this car, especially when the roads are twisty, and am glad I bought it.

Has serious mechanical problems
By phil_motor on 10/02/13 14:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

In my experience (I've owned 20+ vehicles in 38 years) this Subaru has serious engine problems that the dealers and Subaru of America do not acknowledge. Expect to have your head gaskets replace (~$2000) on your own dime once the 60,000 mile warranty expires.

A great little car!
By hepsuba on 05/01/13 10:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Subaru. My oldest was a 1978 and my newest was a 2009, from little 4WD wagons to Outbacks. This is my second Impreza (previous one was a '98). I have to say, of all the Subarus I've owned, this one may be my favorite. I love it's simplicity and its great handling, power, and design. It's what I call very "point and shoot" -the car goes where you want it to when you want it to. Visibility and responsiveness are wonderful. The cabin is simple yet has everything you need. And as others have commented, it's the last of the truly good looking Impreza's. The small size is great - park it wherever you want, squeeze into traffic, no problem. A great little car.

165,000 mile update
By fandango on 11/30/12 17:00 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 150,000 a head gasket was leaking. This repair cost about $2,500, which included grinding the valves while the heads were off and replacing the water pump and timing belt. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common repair for Subarus. The car is still fun to drive. It has a great power/weight ratio. I still think of this as my "new car," and it looks and feels new despite some hard use. The car is rugged built to last.

Awsome car
By jdvozz72 on 02/01/12 16:15 PM (PST)

Love the car!

Love this car!
By jomr on 08/23/11 12:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After one too many expensive problems with my Volkswagen VR6 I decided to trade it in for a Subaru. My first car was an '87 Subaru wagon. She wasn't much too look at and completely gutless but she was reliable. I found a used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan and took the car to my mechanic for a thorough check up. All it needed was an air filter and new battery. Although it doesn't have the V6 5-speed of my old VW it has more power than I expected from a 4 cylinder. I love the growl of the boxer engine and it handles great. This car has turned out to be just as fun to drive and far more reliable. I can't imagine owning another VW or ever not owning a Subaru again!

Not quite a 944 Turbo, but that's alright with me
By khalils on 06/19/11 15:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2007 WRX Wagon replaced a 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo. I wanted a car that was a well-rounded and sporty daily driver but with all season reliability, better utility, and lower maintenance costs. The WRX does not have the handling prowess, balance, and speed of the Porsche. In spite of too much weight forward, it a taut handling car and fun to drive in the twisties. Its good in snow, gets decent gas mileage, and has yet to have any mechanical problems whatsoever after 31k miles. I am extremely satisfied with the car. I dumped the RE-92s that came stock on the car and mounted some decent rubber, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. That made a big, positive difference.

It Imprezzed Me
By alexander323 on 12/11/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a used version of the vehicle with only 12,000 miles on it. I really like its fuel efficiency and AWD capability. This car has better gas mileage than my old Jeep Grand Cherokee and has a reputation of being more reliable. The Impreza can do most everything my Jeep can do just in a more compact lighter size.

Crashed with no scratches!
By Mo on 06/09/10 10:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car was great maintenance and reliability wise, I live in a mountainous region with ice, snow, and potholes. Then we crashed it going 50 mph into a stopped vehicle with no scratches on our bodies. The car was totaled. Definitely buying another Subaru!

90,000 mile update - Tranny Problem
By Fandango on 04/10/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At about 75,000 miles, I began to notice a whine/rattle in the manual transmission and, when it kept getting louder, took it in to the dealer a few thousand miles later. It turned out to be a pitted output shaft bearing. The repair cost about $1200 but was fortunately covered by the extended warranty, which, with a road hazard tire replacement earlier, has now paid off about what I paid for it. So far, the transmission bearing has been the only mechanical problem. After 90,000 miles, I still love to drive this car. It's just fun. It still reminds me of a British sports car in its simplicity. Now consistently getting 28-30 mpg highway mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.