Used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

MPG is better than listed - Fun drive!
By Lauren

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Six months and 14,000 miles into ownership, and I get happier each time I drive it. I use the Sub mainly to commute 3 hours each way into D.C. over the mountains and down the hills. Why the Suba-Rules: - The bucket seats are comfortable, great for long drives; - Very responsive steering; nimble; - Very responsive acceleration and most importantly, - I avg 27-29 MPG. The worst I got with plenty of city driving was 24 MPG. On trips where the speed limit was 55, I broke 30 MPG. Initially, the listed 22 MPG on this site and the 22-27 MPG on the manufacturer's site made the decision to purchase a bit of a drawback but AWD was important. Turns out, I got a nice mix of fun and function.

Favorite Features

Responsive steering; slim body (easy for parking); AWD; good, responsive acceleration (I drive a manual; not as responsive in the automatics I tested).

Suggested Improvements

Radio scan button that automatically continues to scan until you stop it; brighter headlines; larger fog lights; higher suspension; light in the hatchback area; key hole on hatchback door (or button release on dash board); simplified security system.

Fun, Affordable, Versitility All in One
By Nick

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2007 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with the 5 speed. It is a blast to drive. With 60 plus cu. ft. of cargo space and all wheel drive standard it was a smart choice.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, feel and ride. All wheel drive. Price. Resale value. Safety. Build quality both inside and out. The overall personality of the car. Very strong brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, the car is pretty loud at high rpm. The ride can sometimes be rough

"Tough Enough for Alaska"
By billandti

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Tight, nimble, reliable and smooth little car. The wagon's appeal is the just-sporty-enough looks, cargo and comfort capabilities. I love the AWD since I live in Alaska's interior and need a reliable car to get me up hills and through our roads safely. I also chose the manual transmission for fun and fuel economy. The standard 2.5 engine is sweet and quiet but don't expect a power pull from this engine. With over 11K miles on my car since I bought it new, I climbed from 21 mpg new and now average 24 in the city. I've had 30 mpg on the highway if I keep it at 60 mph. 70-80 mph (summer driving) and I still get 27-28 mpg.

Favorite Features

AWD is my favorite feature that never leaves me guessing if I can get to the ski hills or through the hilly terrain where I live. I feel safe because it handles so well. The car and transmission is very smooth and very easy to drive. Superb value considering the low take home cost.

Suggested Improvements

The naturally aspirated engine produces some power but is better served with a better air intake filter. I opted for a K&N and the engine seems to enjoy a bit more air now. The all-season tires are a bit cheap so I replaced them with better ones and my car responds to them like hand in glove.

A Blast to Drive
By m1ck

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving experience from behind the wheel exceeds expectations for a compact. Power more than adequate for city driving. First gear is short - takes off quick. Manual transmission is crisp. Handling and traction are superb - sticks to the road like paint when pushed hard. Ride is supple, rebound damping well tuned. Feels solidly planted. Standard features include: full-time AWD, independent suspension, four-wheel disc brakes, 16" alloy wheels, good tires, traction control, anti-lock brakes, power steering, airbags, power windows, A/C, 80W CD player, tilt-wheel, keyless entry, roof rack, ext temp gauge. Interior is clean and functional. Firm, supportive seats. Fun to drive, economical.

Favorite Features

Excellent handling. Feels solidly planted at all times. Nimble, with quick steering. Traction seems unbreakable. I wouldn't race it for pink slips, but the engine is surprisingly responsive.

Suggested Improvements

Some trim seems cheap. It's a budget compact. It's loaded with electronics; I hope they last.