2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
190,000 Mile Update
By fandango on 10/04/13 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since new -- almost 7 years now. Repairs included replacement of a bad transmission bearing (covered by extended warranty) and a leaking head gasket. Otherwise it has needed only routine things like a battery, brake pads and struts (at 150,000 miles). It burns some oil. For quite some time, I have had to add a quart between oil changes. Otherwise it still handles very well and looks good, inside and out, despite frequent trips on dirt roads, including some pretty rough and steep 4WD roads. I still really enjoy driving this car, especially when the roads are twisty, and am glad I bought it.

165,000 mile update
By fandango on 11/30/12 17:00 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 150,000 a head gasket was leaking. This repair cost about $2,500, which included grinding the valves while the heads were off and replacing the water pump and timing belt. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common repair for Subarus. The car is still fun to drive. It has a great power/weight ratio. I still think of this as my "new car," and it looks and feels new despite some hard use. The car is rugged built to last.

Awsome car
By jdvozz72 on 02/01/12 16:15 PM (PST)

Love the car!

90,000 mile update - Tranny Problem
By Fandango on 04/10/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At about 75,000 miles, I began to notice a whine/rattle in the manual transmission and, when it kept getting louder, took it in to the dealer a few thousand miles later. It turned out to be a pitted output shaft bearing. The repair cost about $1200 but was fortunately covered by the extended warranty, which, with a road hazard tire replacement earlier, has now paid off about what I paid for it. So far, the transmission bearing has been the only mechanical problem. After 90,000 miles, I still love to drive this car. It's just fun. It still reminds me of a British sports car in its simplicity. Now consistently getting 28-30 mpg highway mileage.

Sturdy Build and a Fun to drive
By Scubado on 02/01/10 07:20 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No issues whatsoever since purchase. Ride or Slide this car and it is always ready for more.The AWD does it job and it is especially evident after driving other FWD cars in its class. The real kick comes beyond 3500 rpm when the boxer starts to scream. The mechanical build more than makes up for the bare minimum interior. Getting an avg 22-24mpg 50%city 50% hwy.

70,000 mile update
By Fandango on 08/27/09 22:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put more than 70,000 miles on this car, and I still love getting into it and snicking through the gears, zipping through the twisties and feeling the power as I explore the upper range of the RPMs. I've had no mechanical problems whatsoever, and, believe it or not, I'm only now getting ready to replace the original set of Bridgestone tires. The car consistently gets 29-32 mpg. With its simple, almost primitive features and great handling, it reminds me of an old British sports car. It was made for people who love to drive.

36,000 Mile Update
By Fandango on 05/27/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car keeps growing on me. After driving it every day for the past year and a half, I like it as much or more than the day I bought it. It's just so much fun to drive. Every time I drive a rental or use my daughter's car and then come back to this one, I realize how much I enjoy driving it. I even find the seats comfortable now, though I didn't like them very much at first.

Fun little car but nothing exceptional
By SugarBear on 02/26/08 12:47 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car! It's so much fun! BUT, the back seats do not fold down which kills me and the interior is pretty standard. No really extra features. I think if I were to do it over, I would get the Legacy instead b/c of the sunroom, and the more comfortable and luxorious interior or go with the WRX version. I have never had any problems with the car and the Subaru dealerships have always been great at doing maintainence and answering any questions that I have. The gas mileage is all right... I get around 28 mpg depending.

Still Fun, After All These Miles
By Fandango on 10/28/07 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a 20,000-mile update after driving the car daily for nine months. No mechanical problems to report. It's still the most fun for the money. I like the simple, traditional interior design and layout. A word to those on a budget. This car comes with highly rated, very expensive tires, and if you damage one, you may have to replace the whole set to avoid damaging the AWD.

I love my little Suzie
By esergent on 09/23/07 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a fun and reliable car to fit in a very broke college student's budget and got it in this car. Love the dealership and love the car even more. Wish I could have afforded the insurance for the WRX STi, but oh well. The 2.5i is tons of fun too. =)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.