Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

190,000 Mile Update
By fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since new -- almost 7 years now. Repairs included replacement of a bad transmission bearing (covered by extended warranty) and a leaking head gasket. Otherwise it has needed only routine things like a battery, brake pads and struts (at 150,000 miles). It burns some oil. For quite some time, I have had to add a quart between oil changes. Otherwise it still handles very well and looks good, inside and out, despite frequent trips on dirt roads, including some pretty rough and steep 4WD roads. I still really enjoy driving this car, especially when the roads are twisty, and am glad I bought it.

Visibility of surroundings, great handling, AWD, good tire life/wear, nice looks, fun power-to-weight, simple no-frills controls.

The radio/sound system is pretty lousy, and it buzzes when the headlights are on. Center console doesn't work as an am rest, too low and too far back.

A great little car!
By hepsuba

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Subaru. My oldest was a 1978 and my newest was a 2009, from little 4WD wagons to Outbacks. This is my second Impreza (previous one was a '98). I have to say, of all the Subarus I've owned, this one may be my favorite. I love it's simplicity and its great handling, power, and design. It's what I call very "point and shoot" -the car goes where you want it to when you want it to. Visibility and responsiveness are wonderful. The cabin is simple yet has everything you need. And as others have commented, it's the last of the truly good looking Impreza's. The small size is great - park it wherever you want, squeeze into traffic, no problem. A great little car.

Handling Responsiveness Power Comfort

165,000 mile update
By fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 150,000 a head gasket was leaking. This repair cost about $2,500, which included grinding the valves while the heads were off and replacing the water pump and timing belt. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common repair for Subarus. The car is still fun to drive. It has a great power/weight ratio. I still think of this as my "new car," and it looks and feels new despite some hard use. The car is rugged built to last.

Great handling, visibility and simple controls.

They could have put a better radio in it, it buzzes when the headlights are on.

Awsome car
By jdvozz72

Love the car!

Looks good and is still fairly quick for a non turbo.

Radio is Very basic! Also Subaru doesnt put out many SPT performance parts for it.

Love this car!
By jomr

2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After one too many expensive problems with my Volkswagen VR6 I decided to trade it in for a Subaru. My first car was an '87 Subaru wagon. She wasn't much too look at and completely gutless but she was reliable. I found a used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan and took the car to my mechanic for a thorough check up. All it needed was an air filter and new battery. Although it doesn't have the V6 5-speed of my old VW it has more power than I expected from a 4 cylinder. I love the growl of the boxer engine and it handles great. This car has turned out to be just as fun to drive and far more reliable. I can't imagine owning another VW or ever not owning a Subaru again!

Love the reliablity of Subaru! The All-Wheel-Drive handles perfectly in snow and ice. Never have to worry about being stranded on the side of the road.

Rear seats do not fold down allowing extension of trunk space. Back seats are a little cramped.