Used 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Hate my Impreza!!
By Mehmet

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this 2007 Subaru Impreza in summer. I did not have any problems back then. However, as the winter came, I started to have problems with my car. It was getting more difficult to get the engine started. The Subaru service is very kind in Turkey. They even traveled many miles to get my home and tried to fix my car two times in front of my home. (They also tried two times at their service department with the same result.) But the car is the same if it is not getting worse. This is my second winter with this car and the words are not enough to describe my experiences. I have to get up at 12:30 am and drive this car about 15 minutes so that it works in the winter mornings easier.

Favorite Features

It is 4x4 when it runs. It is 0x0 when the spark plugs get wet and oily. I feel safe If I can get it started and drive this car. It is a great car only if it works.

Suggested Improvements

It would be very nice to get it started in winter.

A Good Car
By Frank

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned the WRX for over six months now and I enjoy driving it but off the show room floor it does not perform as well as I had hoped. Fortunately there are solutions to some of the performance problems. Better tires made a big difference in handling and ride quality. 22 mpg is okay but 28 or better would help the wallet a bit. The quality of the interior materials is sufficent. I have not had any problems there.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive is nice in rain and snow.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger transmission. First gear will break when launched hard even if not racing (I speak from experience).

Best Handling on the Road
By Alias

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I work valet, so I've driven pretty much anything out there. For my money, the WRX TR was still a good deal at $23k. While the interior is pretty bare (the TR model is lacking since they figure you're going to modify), you've got 230 horses pushing symmetrical AWD, with a low turbo point of just under 3000 rpm. This car sticks to the road like no other, and fast turns are almost a must. If you've got the cash, the STI has a lot of great upgrades, but if you're on a budget the TR model is a great place to start, with the potential for you to have your way with it. This car will turn heads, and leave plenty of others in the dust.

Favorite Features

The symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive coupled with tight steering wheel creates awesome handling at any speed, and you'll want it with 230 horsepower (222 under the new rules). The short-throw shifter is also a must on the 5spd manual.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the TR model came with the turbo gauge and intercooler spray switch. Again, this particular model is made for tweaking, so the stock stereo is crap, but you're probably buying it for the drive, not the creature comforts. Add those after if you need them.

New to Subaru
By Steve

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first new car. In the past I have owned Hondas, and up until a few weeks ago, I thought I would still own a Honda, but after driving the 07 WRX, I was hooked. The performance is THE best for the price, I love the interior and the seats, the steering is crisp, the transmission is smooth, the brakes are awesome, I'm getting better mileage than I thought with a turbo, 25-26 mpg, especially considering the way I have been driving it, and I can't get the grin off my face everytime I think about getting back in it. I am new to Subaru, and Honda set the bar high since that is all I have owned in the past 10 years. All I can say is, I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Center tach, Turbo, AWD, 17" rims, hood scoop, 2 tone interior, surprisingly spacious trunk, and the fact that the car can be driven tame around town, but fast when you want/need it.

Suggested Improvements

None, I bought the TR so I could change things I would have issue with like the radio, speakers, exhaust, suspension etc.

The car I always wanted!
By Guario

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been saving for this same model for quite a while and finally got it. I got the TR with the Urban Gray color. It is a blast to drive, all the power I need. The interior is very well designed and works well. The only minor quibble is that the stock speakers are rather weak. I replaced the factory stereo and they sound better but if you like music you should definitely replace the factory speakers with better quality ones and perhaps add a sub for the lows. Overall this car has been everything I'd hoped it would be and more. The best purchase I have ever made and I only paid $22,300 with just 81 miles on it.

Favorite Features

The power, no noticeable turbo lag. The car just pulls until redline with no problems. I also like the two tone interior with gray seats with black inserts.

Suggested Improvements

I would definitely suggest to all future buyers to upgrade the factory sound system. If you like to hear music in your car and like to put it rather loud then upgrade head unit and all four door speakers and perhaps add a sub for the lows.