Used 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Vette Eater.
By Cobo

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A monster on the streets. This car is a blast to drive. Great power from the 4k to 7k RPM range. Put a few upgrades on the car. (Downpipe, Cat-back, ECU) And what a difference it makes. Great in the Michigan winters. The only downside with the car is a slight problem with the battery wanting to die, and slight rattles in the winter. Overall a 10+.

Favorite Features

HUGE Brembo brakes, HID lights, 6-speed short throw, boxer engine sound, great power, and distinctive styling.

Suggested Improvements

Make navigation an option, improve interior with leather, offer more interior colors.

Best car ever
By Jamie G

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had a 2007 WRX wagon, and the STi was always a dream car of mine. When I heard about and saw the 2008 I decided I better get a 2007 STi before they changed (for the worse). If you know your STi than you know about what you are paying for, a rally inspired street monster. Not a lush, soft riding, overly optioned out, normal looking car.

Favorite Features

Pure power and great handeling from the factory. Any enthusiast knows that this car has amazing potential. 6 speed tranny w/short throw is so smooth, has all the features I want and nothing I don't need.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe offer dif. interior colors for some people, I'm happy w/ the blue. Maybe design a better brake venting system?

Car of the year
By MY07GDB

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Went from 1994 Legacy Turbo to this car world of difference. Even my dad drives one and he is 52. Amazing car. Amazing out the box and with just the lightest mods and the car is a monster.

Favorite Features

BBS wheels. RE070 tires. Brembo brakes, rear diffuser, suede seats. Rear trunk pass through. Water sprayer and dccd. Torsen rear diff, helical front diff.

Suggested Improvements

8k RPM redline like the JDM spec STIs. More power.

2007 STI
By STIIN253

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the car. So fun to drive everyday. Puts a smile on my face and it feels so confident in all situations. Bought it august 31 2007 and already have 12k miles on it. I recommend anyone to drive one and fall in love.

Favorite Features

Headlight leveler. DCCD awd, water sprayer. 6 speed.

Suggested Improvements

Even more power, Louder exhaust lower ride height.

A true enthusiasts car!
By dheyde

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second Impreza WRX STI, and third Impreza. It is an amazing automobile at a very reasonable price. Performance is outstanding, especially after you make the move to Cobb "stage 2". The car is extremely reliable and is built for the long haul. The car is great in the twisties and the torque available powers you out of corners effortlessly. Comfort isnt at the top of the list, so if you are looking for something cushy, you may want to opt for a Legacy GT or a Premium Luxury brand car. I have owned five Subarus, and I always seem to come back to them when its time to purchase a new car. They are a true drivers car that perform at the same level as much more expensive cars.

Favorite Features

World Rally Blue Paint, DCCD, Power available, 6-spd, BBS wheels

Suggested Improvements

Recaro seats instead of the crappy Subaru generic seats. Stereo needs serious help-I think the current one is worse than my 2004. AUX input should have been placed inside the console, not in the front by the shifter.