Who Needs a WRX?
By Jason M on
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
It's official: no one needs a WRX. I'm sure the WRX is a blast to drive, but the 173 horses in this base model with a very sporty manual is a great thrill in and of itself. Not to mention, I'm $6,000 dollars richer for choosing the base 2.5i. This car handles superbly on roads and highways alike, and is as stable as much bigger cars, what with the engine being so low in the engine compartment. And of course, you get AWD and Subaru reliability. Also to be commended is the basic, no-options package that you get with the car. I did get some accessories myself because of my personal desires, but this car is very nicely outfitted for the entry level segment. I love it! Can't wait to drive it more!
Favorite Features
All-Wheel Drive, the standard shifter, the new look of the front end, standard alloy wheels, really comfortable seats, the hatch (I highly recommend the wagon over the sedan; the MSRP is the same, and the sedan's trunk is SMALL and the seats don't fold down! Might as well get free cargo room!).
Suggested Improvements
Rear seats are a little tight (I have big friends). No climate control or sunroof is available. The WRX limited comes with a sunroof and climate control, can't they at least make it AVAILABLE on the base model?