What a great car...
By Cabriniman on
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
This is such a great car! I have been looking for an all-around performer that is easy on the wallet and this is it. I don't know of any other cars in which you get a four door, turbo charged, all wheel drive, reliable, and super fun ride for around $23,000. I test drove a 2005 WRX last summer and was sorely disappointed. Way too much turbo lag. The 2006 virtually eliminates that problem and you have more choices. I love that this car is a "stealth speeder" without the spoiler too. This car has a great ride and handles well. I actually get decent gas mileage too (25-27 regularly). I highly recommend at least a test drive as I was completely blown away with the 2006!
Favorite Features
The power is great. I like the shifter too. It is really nice to not have a spoiler (aka: cop bait) on the back too. I like the seats (I may be alone on that one). The price was sweet too. $23,000 is a not unusual price for a TR model WRX.
Suggested Improvements
The radio is a little cheapish. I worry that I will burn through tires quickly as it is easy to drive fast through the mountain roads I travel on for fun!