2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: TR is disappointing

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

TR is disappointing
By JBiz on

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For 23k the TR WRX is a very fast car. 0-60 in approximately 6 seconds. It's very fun to drive and I love all of the attention I get while driving it. If i had the chance to buy it all over again...I would upgrade to a Limited. I don't think I have enough love to spend $30k on an STi. I'd rather own a BMW if I were to spend $30k+.

I gotta love the speed. There's nothing like blowing the doors off of the civics and other cars pieced together. The 17 inch wheels aren't that bad either. Upholstery is very nice. There's no lame designs that make you think of McDonald restaurant decor like many, many other cars.

First the TR needs a stereo. The 4 speaker, 80 watt stereo is worse than what Hyundai's have. Folding rear seats would help. Heated side mirrors (they skimp on cheap mirrors they put on the Limited. How much are you really saving me?). Hood scoop needs a screen for protection. Rear end slips with oem suspension.