The Ultimate Car For Mountain Residents
By STier on
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I live in the mountains of Southern California and I couldn't imagine that there is a car better suited for me. I've had this car for a year now and have had absolutely no problems with it. The car has insane power. Very comfortable and smooth on the freeway. The biggest bonus for me though, is that you can drive this car in snow! I've driven up to Big Bear with literally 3.5 ft. of snow on the ground without a single slip, no chains needed! This is the ultimate car to have if you live in the mountains.
Favorite Features
Unbelievable performance for the summer. Outstanding performance in snow and ice (with all-season tires of course). Intuitive controls. Outstanding gauges (bright and well placed). Climate control is excellent. Cruise control and decent freeway gas mileage is great for road trips. Big trunk.
Suggested Improvements
The shifter is clumsy to shift into reverse. The back seat are a little cramped and don't fold down. Poor gas mileage on the mountain. The car is a cop magnet (trust me).