Sleeper Wagon
By D on
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I've waited a few months to review this car as I thought my initial enthusiasm might diminish. But, it hasn't! I still look forward to driving my car everyday. This vehicle has the perfect mix, with the practicality of a wagon but the performance of a rally car. AWD is a major safety and performance point (I'll have a hard time ever going back to 2WD, if I ever do). I put in the STi short throw shifter and would absolutely insist on it for any WRX owners out there. Subaru roof rack allows for bike rack and Rocket Box, while cargo area kennels a large dog easily. Roof rack whistle was a problem on past Subarus, but they seem to have fixed the problem as I haven't heard anything.
Favorite Features
Performance, bucket seats, aftermarket Subaru subwoofer under my seat! STi short throw shifter, wagon space, six disc in dash stereo, great Bridgestone rubber! I really like that Subaru offers aftermarket performance parts. My next upgrade will probably be the sway bar kit.
Suggested Improvements
Upgrade the stock shifter to the short throw kit. MP3 jack in the stereo. Offer the sunroof as an option instead of as a part of the Limited Package. Design the rear differential protector to be compatible with the cat back exhaust.