2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Roof Rack

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Roof Rack
By Gary Anderson on

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased my 2006 Outback Sport it made a whistling noise when I drove over 40 mph. I took it back to the dealer's shop and was told no problem. They would put a diffuser in the rack and it would take care of the whistle. I went back to pick up the vehicle and as soon as I got up to 40 mph it still whistled. I went back to the shop they told me to bring it back the next day. When I went back they told me Subaru had made and error in the design and as soon as it was fixed they would call me. Three months laster I called and was told by the service department that their was no fix for the problem.

I love the power and the acceleration. It is really fun to drive and it handles perfectly. I love the way the interior is set up. Everything easy to reach.

Find a fix for the whistle in the roof racks and make sure you tell people that the whistle cannot be removed if they want the racks mounted.