2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Muscle Car Convertee

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Muscle Car Convertee
By Over 40 on

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I needed to face the reality of a 100 mile round trip commute in New England weather. My aging Ford Ranger (winter) and Mustang GT (summer) had both served me well, but with gas prices, it was time to find a vehicle that could serve my year-round needs and my need for speed, as well. The 2006 WRX Limited is the perfect combination of power, agility,and handling. Subaru owners I have spoken with attest that these cars are very capable in the snow, and don't have the gas guzzling traits of SUV's. I have 600 miles on it in one week, and have seen 28 mpg highway, and 24 mpg with lots of around-town mixed in. As a lifelong GMC and American muscle fan, I am extremely impressed. A-1 quality!

Favorite Features

Air bags galore, Limited Edition offers creature comforts, 17" wheels and red calipers look sharp. Nice short shift throw is standard. Large fuel tank means less trips to the gas station, warranty includes brake pads, wipers. Heated wiper seat on windshield.

Suggested Improvements

Wife wants light on her vanity mirror.