2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Monster

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Consumer Review

Monster
By Allan on

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow ... this is a monster. The performance is just out of this world. This car sells for $49,000 Canadian, but performance-wise goes toe to toe with such supercars as Ferrari, Porsche, etc. that are 3 to 4 times more expensive. The look on their faces is priceless when they just can't believe that their toys can't beat a Subaru, and a lot of times my STi actually leaves them in the dust (talking here especially about all the Audis, BMWs, Boxters, Mustangs, Firebirds, Camaros, previous generation Corvettes, some models of Ferraris, and the list goes on...). Can you believe that? I wouldn't if I didn't drive an STi. Considering the price this is a toy for a grown up boy, young at heart.

Performance is exceptional, lots of room for the passengers in the back, big trunk, AWD, custom made seats, amazing brakes, handling in the curves is unbelievable, and once more, performance! The acceleration is amazing not only from 0 to 62 (4.8 seconds) but also from 50 to 75 (3.9 seconds).

Look, comfort (for a 4-wheel drive), versatility. I canít get used to the front styling. In my opinion itís not catchy at all, and this generation will go as one of the less attractive ones. Mustang is much more pretty to look at. Interior could be better, and the stereo is a joke. In my 18-wheeler I have a better radio. This is just ridiculous.