Like it more every day!
By JeffNColorado on
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Very reluctantly traded my 100% trusty 2002 Toyota for this vehicle. Soon wondered why I had bought the Toy in the first place. This is our third Subaru, the last making it 81,000 miles with no repairs. This Outback is solid, sturdy, and fun to drive. I love the versatility of the wagon; so handy. Construction is excellent; no squeaks or rattles. Have to be patient with it on mountain roads - I just leave it in fourth. Beats my Dad's BMW 330xi 4x4 in snow and steering hands down. Fit and finish excellent. Currently 2,642 miles. I drive a LOT on the highway, it is very adequate. Don't expect to pass unless it's flat - engine gets wound up and sounds like an over-revved sewing machine.
Favorite Features
Fit and finish, dependability, gearbox VERY smooth, versatility, reliability, simpleness, interior controls, extreme stability in even 9" of snow, stereo is great (with upgraded sub), handling on the twisties is awesome - you feel in control and SAFE. Overall build quality.
Suggested Improvements
Ride a little harsh at times; definitely a 4x4 with a purpose. Engine struggles a bit on mountain roads sometimes; use 4th gear.