It's a WINNER!
By Impreza Lover on
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I drive a LOT for work (40K per year), mostly in rural northwest Ohio. Summer driving is great, but the Subie really shines in the winter - and we have a lot of it here. I can honestly say that this is the BEST car I've ever owned, bar none. Absolutely NO problems from day one, just regular service. I've owned Nissan, VW, Toyota and Mazda - all were good, but not as perfect as this Impreza. I've also had quite a number of people comment on how attractive the car is, with it's Outback Sport two-tone paint, factory alloys and special trim. If you can find a well maintained one at resale, BUY IT!! You won't be disappointed!
Favorite Features
Road hugging AWD, disc brakes all around, upgraded sound system in this SE model, overall looks. Fuel economy has been better than listed during warm weather (30 mpg), drops to 25-27 mpg in the cold weather months.
Suggested Improvements
I really like the exterior color of the model I have, a soft green over silver gold two tone. But the standard interior was beige, and shows dirt quickly. I finally added a sheepskin seat cover to the driver's seat for both protection and comfort.