2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Exhilarating Fun Drive!

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Exhilarating Fun Drive!
By Britannic on

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love turbocharged cars and for years was a loyal Saab owner, until GM diluted the brand. I wanted a turbocharged car that would stand out from the pack and deliver power, superb handling and excitement. The STi gives all of that and more; once I got used to the higher revving engine, this car is the most fun I've ever had. Performance off the line and handling through twisty mountain roads is tremendous; the Sube feels like it's on rails and I've yet to notice any body roll. Being European, I love the WRX's stiff suspension, which combines with the super precise steering and available power to provide very nimble handling and a real fun drive! I don't miss my Saab 9-3 Viggen at all!

Turbocharger, boxer engine (love the offbeat throaty idle), 6 speed gear box, AWD, 300hp super quick acceleration and great handling.

Would love this car to be offered as a 2 door hatchback for sportier looks and better trunk space. A bigger fuel tank would be nice, but probably impractical, given the car's small dimensions.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review