DUMB college kid here...
By OOPs on
2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This little wagon is one tough car. I love the car, drive it sanely (mostly). I took it deep into the woods of western Colorado and ended up 4-wheeling across a field of 9" snow at 40 mph, floored in third the whole time. I then accidentally sailed it right off a seven-foot embankment. There were three people in the car. It landed, HARD, and the whole front end tore off, which we ran over. One front tire exploded, the car swung to the left and rolled onto the pass. side. We escaped, pushed her back over; she started right up. DUMB mistake-but terrifically durable car. On a FLAT she made it outta the field, minus the bumper and badly leaking radiator, then made it 91 miles home on the spare.
Favorite Features
Nice aesthetics, well-made little beast. Stereo is quite good with optional sub/amp. Nice standard options on long roadtrips. Still runs fine after the wreck and a few repairs. Airbags are quite stout without overpowering (adequate, seatbelts good plan). Buy one; drive it "normally"; not like me.
Suggested Improvements
On normally-aspirated Subies, high mountain roads=more power needed. Bad wind noise over 90 mph.Seats hard; little guys like me need more padding. I really messed up this good car; if U buy one surely you would be happy with it. After all that crap, mine still runs great every day. More careful now.