2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: BOXER GOES WILD

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2006 Subaru Impreza

2.5 i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

BOXER GOES WILD
By KEVIN on

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for an 05 used but #1, I couldn't find one locally and #2, was concerned with previous treatment such a car might receive. So I had pretty much given up the idea. Then I test drove a used 06. WOW I just could not believe what I was doing with this car. My family has owned Subes for 20 years and none of them were any thing like this. I just could not contain my enthusiasm. I drove past the dealership twice before the salesman made me turn in, it was 3 hours later though. We couldn't agree on price so I was left yearning for that smile the STi plastered on my face. Then I bought a new black STi. As my wife says "I love my car"

6 gears, 300 horses,300 lb.ft. of torque, Subaru quality engineering, incredible brakes. Great lights. Great back country road rocket.

I'm an engineer so I know for every mod there is a corresponding compromise, but I think some sexier styling for the body would be good for the performance and the looks. I still like the way mine looks. The 06 styling says to me get in if you think you can handle it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review