BOXER GOES WILD
By KEVIN on
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I was looking for an 05 used but #1, I couldn't find one locally and #2, was concerned with previous treatment such a car might receive. So I had pretty much given up the idea. Then I test drove a used 06. WOW I just could not believe what I was doing with this car. My family has owned Subes for 20 years and none of them were any thing like this. I just could not contain my enthusiasm. I drove past the dealership twice before the salesman made me turn in, it was 3 hours later though. We couldn't agree on price so I was left yearning for that smile the STi plastered on my face. Then I bought a new black STi. As my wife says "I love my car"
Favorite Features
6 gears, 300 horses,300 lb.ft. of torque, Subaru quality engineering, incredible brakes. Great lights. Great back country road rocket.
Suggested Improvements
I'm an engineer so I know for every mod there is a corresponding compromise, but I think some sexier styling for the body would be good for the performance and the looks. I still like the way mine looks. The 06 styling says to me get in if you think you can handle it.