A better STi
By Eric on
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
As the happy owner of a 2004 STi, I was blown away with the new front end design of the 2006 model. In no time I had a 2006 Blue STi with gold wheels. This is one of the most amazing cars on the road. Power is impressive over 3000 rpm, but some slight turbo lag is evident below this range. But once the turbo is on boost, look out, you will be hitting redline before you know it. What's even more impressive about this car is its handling and braking. I regularly enter corners at speeds my mind is telling me are too fast, but the car grips without protest. This is truly one of the most forgiving performance cars I've driven. And it stops as well as it goes. Let's just say the brakes are awesome.
Favorite Features
My favorite features on this vehicle are its acceleration, cornering ability, and braking ability. The new HID headlamps are really good, and are height adjustable from the interior. The big Brembro brakes are world class. The steering is quick to react to driver input and is so communicative.
Suggested Improvements
A nicer interior design would be welcome, as well as a better audio system that is MP3/WMA compatible. Subaru should give us Americans the Japanese seats. I've sat in them and they are vastly superior to the seats the US STi's get. And the Japanese stereo would be welcome also, it's a killer unit.