Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Good so far
By Good so far

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a month ago. Positives: Quiet, fairly comfortable, great styling, AWD always good, and I like the outside temp gauge. Negatives: Rear seats don't fold down -- only small center split does, no trunk opener on electronic key device, cold weather operation to be desired (lagging start -- taking about 2-3 times longer to turn over, stiff manual transmission until warmed up). Overall not a bad car, but I wish I had done a little more shopping around to see what other buys were out there.

Love the exterior styling. Outside temperature gauge nice touch. Bucket seats very stylish.

Fold down rear seats, electronic trunk opener. Oh yeah, stock tires are horrible.

2005 Impreza
By Joe H

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have researched this car for a long time and finally bought the 2006. It is awesome, a great driving car and so far no problems. Quick acceleration for an automatic which is very impressive. Superior ride and comfort for a small car. Its great and everything I thought it would be.

Looks, ride, AWD ability.

Bigger fog lights, fold down rear seats, lighted vanity mirrors and leather should be an option on the 2.5 like the WRX.

Great all around car
By liebling

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.5i has more than ample power, handles like a dream, is amazingly quiet and is fun to drive. The AWD is a real asset when the roads are slick. The finish is quite nice, with no irregular gaps. There is plenty of interior plastic, but it doesn't look cheap. Nice interior, but the carpet could be of a better quality. Rear visibility is somewhat restricted. The chin sits low, and is easily scraped. The shifter is okay, but could be crisper. You lose a bit of feel with the hydraulically actuated clutch. Very good brakes. All in all, the car is not great in any single respect, but is more than adequate in every respect. It's a lot of car for the money.

AWD, great brakes, corners flat, lots of power that doesn't live at the high end of the tachometer.

Add telescoping function to the tilt steering wheel. Set up the instrument cluster so that it tilts with the wheel. Install a better audio system and some plusher carpet.

amazing handling and great power
By John

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my Dad. I wanted the AWD feature for him. But after I drove it to work one day. I fell in love with the car. It got incredible grip and agility. I put the smile on my face when I drive it. My house on a mountain and my drive is quite steep. Every time it snows my Nissan Maxima can't go up the driveway. My wife has an Audi A6; it can go up the driveway fine but it does not have the handling of the Impreza. I'm going to get myself a WRX soon! I love this Impreza. I like the new project headlights.

Handling, power, torque, project headlights. Boxer engine.

Vanity mirror lights, Homelink system, HID should be an option. It needs bigger wheels and tire 18" or 19."

First new car
By Ashley S.

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Looks great. Nice fit and finish. Many features standard. Add a spoiler and mud guards and the car is ready to go. Waiting for snow to test out the AWD.

Great appearance.

Fully folding rear seats, not just a pass through into trunk.