Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Most Helpful|
Turner Ready
By DANO

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turner ready says it all. Excellent inexpensive platform to build on or just leave alone. Fun to drive and offers the wallet a break and the flexibility to add as funds become available. I would start with the brake cables, coil overs and then pipes. Easy to install and easier to enjoy.

Favorite Features

Great engine.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, suspension.

Returned home
By Chris

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new impreza - I had a Forester years ago, then tried other cars for fuel economy. None impressed me as much as my Subaru, and I think I'm a fan for life.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

More realistic cup holder size would be helpful.

Sweet ride for the money
By Jon

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My WRX is a fun yet very practical car. Although it does not have tons of power, it is very quick getting up to 80 which makes highway driving good. It has stable and precise steering. Gas mileage isn't great, but it beats most other AWD/4WD vehicles out there. The stock tires are not a good performance tire and are pretty crappy in snow. Not a lot of storage space, but not so small it is useless (I have the sedan, the wagon would be a better choice for some). You can't beat it for the price.

Favorite Features

Sporty, yet great in snow for New York winters without much sacrifice in gas mileage. Very reliable. Only issue was a windshield washer sprayer. Minor detail.

Suggested Improvements

The stock tires on the car should more designed for performance or rain/snow. They aren't great for either.

Great Little Car
By Woodbyrne

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got this used with 63k miles on it after losing my 2006 Vibe in a car accident. So far I am enjoying my purchase. My biggest gripe is that the back seat does not fold down but that was not enough to be a deal breaker for me. I just hate putting a trunk-mounted bike rack on the car. But it is a solid car. Very little road noise. Very good acceleration. Decent on gas but I knew it would not be great with the AWD. I would buy a Subaru again in a heartbeat but I am still nervous from buying it from a used car lot and not a Subaru dealer. Wish me luck.

Favorite Features

173 HP engine is unreal for a "non performance" compact car. Most are in the 130 HP range. Solid handling and road manners. Looks sharp and is not a cookie cutter car. Subaru reliability I hope.

Suggested Improvements

Probably already fixed by now with new models but I suggest a fold down rear seat. A real stereo system too.

Love My Subaru
By MW3304

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought with 33k on the clock. Can't go wrong with this one, peppy, planted, sips gas, good looking

Favorite Features

AWD=outstanding grip in the corners, off the line, and in all weather conditions