2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
I Love My Suby.
By JSenak on 08/27/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the second Subaru I have owned and I love ’em. The AWD system is awesome and the handling is quite fun. The body does roll a bit around curves, but once you figure out the balance and how to shift the weight, it is smooth. I love the power and the performance as well as the practicality of a wagon. I like the new look of the 06's, however many other cars out there have a similar front end, and although there is a lot of space inside, it feels kind of cramped. The gears are a bit ruff at times and shifting into reverse is stiff.

All around driving enjoyment
By jim wightman on 08/18/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car. We travel between Canada and Texas twice a year so our driving entails two very long high speed trips and then mostly driving around town. Excellent car for both driving types. Smooth, good cornering, pretty quiet, good gas mileage. Seats could be more comfortable. Front spoiler scrapes easily. As mentioned previously, first gear acceleration is not adequate unless rpm is high prior to clutch engagement. Some sign of early interior wear. First gear jerky at low speed.

SWEEEET RIDE!
By MD on 08/13/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchase this vehicle only 2 weeks ago. My first tank of fuel I drove 402 miles. I purchased this vehicle because my Nissan Pathfinder lease was up and I wanted a car with AWD and solid fuel economy for the Rocky Mts. It hauls up I-70 no problem. I was able to put all my Thule gear on top and still fit a my wife and two small children in the car with ease. The 5-speed is the only way to go with this ride due to the drag in the auto. I am surprised of all the complements I receive when I drive this car around. It is low on ego and fun to drive! It has the upgraded sound system which puts out plenty of bass and drowns out the noise of the roof rack.

Sleeper Wagon
By D on 08/10/06 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've waited a few months to review this car as I thought my initial enthusiasm might diminish. But, it hasn't! I still look forward to driving my car everyday. This vehicle has the perfect mix, with the practicality of a wagon but the performance of a rally car. AWD is a major safety and performance point (I'll have a hard time ever going back to 2WD, if I ever do). I put in the STi short throw shifter and would absolutely insist on it for any WRX owners out there. Subaru roof rack allows for bike rack and Rocket Box, while cargo area kennels a large dog easily. Roof rack whistle was a problem on past Subarus, but they seem to have fixed the problem as I haven't heard anything.

Excellent small wagon
By IV on 08/06/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car for a month and it has 1,200 miles on it. With more highway than city driving, I get between 28 and 31 mpg. I consider this excellent for an AWD vehicle and much better than what some of the other reviewers report. (This was a big unknown in my decision to purchase the Impreza). I test drove the Mazda 3 hatch twice and it felt 'heavy' compared to the Impreza (the Impreza is actually heavier). The 2.5i wagon has sharp handling and the ABS works well, I haven't had a chance to test the benefits of AWD in inclement weather. The cargo space is not huge but more than adequate, great with rear seats down. The sound of the boxer engine requires getting used to.

BOXER GOES WILD
By KEVIN on 08/03/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for an 05 used but #1, I couldn't find one locally and #2, was concerned with previous treatment such a car might receive. So I had pretty much given up the idea. Then I test drove a used 06. WOW I just could not believe what I was doing with this car. My family has owned Subes for 20 years and none of them were any thing like this. I just could not contain my enthusiasm. I drove past the dealership twice before the salesman made me turn in, it was 3 hours later though. We couldn't agree on price so I was left yearning for that smile the STi plastered on my face. Then I bought a new black STi. As my wife says "I love my car"

I love this Impreza
By John H on 07/31/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a 4WD or AWD due to the location of my house. So I test drove the BMW 325xi &330xi. Both are really nice cars but way over priced. So I decided to get the Impreza and save the money for the kid's college. This car handles as good as the BMW. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I just want to drive it for no reason because it's so much fun to drive. I put in the aftermarket real xenon headlights; now everything is much brighter at night. The stock headlights are quite bright but it's still a big difference with the xenon. Now, I sneak out at night just to drive on the curvy roads in my town.

overall impression
By road ninja on 07/26/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Now put on 3,500 miles. Awesome road handling. Nice heavy duty suspension - handles off road bumps incredibly. Decent fuel mileage avg. 26mpg. Front bumper is too low - bottoms out if not careful. Exterior paint chips too easily - front plastic bumper absorbs road debris. Very jerky manual transmission when maintaining slow speed. 1st gear take off power is very weak, yet in all gears when passing 3500rpms acceleration picks up! Upgraded sound system is ok, not impressive; the stereo reception is not the best. Low fuel warning light is inconsistent. Some wind noise, overall love the vehicle am content. still worth the purchase - good price. AWD system is great!

Best Car I,ve driven
By Blubaru on 07/16/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is soo much fun to drive compared to my 2001 Legacy L. My 2006 Impreza 2.5i's performance and handling just bring a big smile on my face each and every time. I really do try to find reasons to drive this car. My wife was so impressed that she too got a 2006 Impreza 2.5i wagon.

TR is disappointing
By JBiz on 07/15/06 00:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For 23k the TR WRX is a very fast car. 0-60 in approximately 6 seconds. It's very fun to drive and I love all of the attention I get while driving it. If i had the chance to buy it all over again...I would upgrade to a Limited. I don't think I have enough love to spend $30k on an STi. I'd rather own a BMW if I were to spend $30k+.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.