2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great performer/handler, fun/practical
By Mike on 10/12/06 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Power and handling are excellent, but if you're used to a torquey V6 (Maxima in my case), the turbo-4 power delivery takes getting used to. WRX is, and feels, small and light. Sound system seems weak to me, but probably because my Maxima's was pretty good. Same with interior. It looks good, but after a while it feels a little econo, and there are rattles. My Maxima NEVER rattled. This car looks hot. Styling, wheels, spoiler, side sills. The Limited package could include more. Up in Legacy GT price range, but Legacy is probably a better buy. Outstanding all-around car (very fun!), but if you have a Maxima (or similar) and want a Subaru, Legacy GT might be a better choice.

Best Bang for the Buck
By Mikey Mike on 10/02/06 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have only owned the car for 1 week as of today and I am very impressed. I am trading down from an Audi TT roadster 225hp (lease). I don't even consider it trading down, since the Subaru out performs my Audi (seriously). I purchased the car as a 2006 left over so I got a great deal on it ($21,000). If you are looking to buy a sports car with the functionality of a wagon look no further. 0-60mph in the low to mid 5 second range in for under $25k...enough said. I am so happy with this car.

My car went boom
By STigoesboom on 09/20/06 05:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I buy cars to race and to tune them. I have worked on Lambo's to Kia's. My brother owns a shop in Delaware where I do all of my work and dyno tuning. I was very surprised when then engine practically blew up with minor tuning (nothing internal and factory turbo). After talking with other people who have tried this seems to be a common occurrence. My suggestion... buy the car if you want a fairly quick car that is going to be left stock. You want to tune your car and make it special to you...buy something else.

Incredible Car!
By Charlie on 09/14/06 02:00 AM (PDT)

I have only had the car for about 1500 miles, but already I am absolutely in love. The car handles incredibly well and accelerates like, like well it's got 300hp! Big brakes, driving it is similar to flying a F-16 with license plates. I am now 100% sure that I will always own a Subaru, great build quality, AWD, reliability, this is the car company that is truly a diamond in the rough. Nothing holds a candle to this car company. I would recommend a test drive of at least the WRX, just to get a taste of what comes when you decide that the extra $9000 is worth it.

10 months
By subisubi on 09/11/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No real problems to date. The car handles really well in the snow. I live Mammoth lakes, CA, and we had over 600 inches of snow this past winter. Make sure there is extra weight when in winter conditions, because the car is pretty light. I got 31 mpg sometimes on roadtrips, and never less than 25 mpg.

Subaru 2.5i - great car
By Al on 09/03/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a lot of fun to drive, very responsive, great handling. It is built like a tank, no funny noises anywhere so far (I've had the car for 4 months). Suspension is awesome, you can pass a speed hump at 30 mph and you won't feel it. Great brakes, had no problem stopping on wet roads. I am waiting for winter to see how the AWD behaves. Overall is the best car I could find, a lot of value for the price.

Great buy!
By Joey S. on 09/01/06 00:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car after researching it for months. It lived up to what I had read. Great handling, outstanding performance, and excellent dependability. Plus the AWD and safety ratings made the WRX a great fit for me. I enjoy also being able to get a high performance vehicle in an automatic. Not all of us want to take it to the track every weekend, even though it might be capable of that, but for those of us who drive in the city, I enjoy the easy drive of the auto. Plus having performance, styling, and 4 doors is great.

Little Red Ru Rocks!
By chef tim on 08/31/06 18:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We had a 2005 2.5 RS that we traded on our 2006 WRX TR. I was absolutely thrilled with the difference in performance. I have owned dozens of Subarus and my experience with new ones is just as pleasurable as with my older ones. We will continue to be loyal Subaru owners well into the future.

The Ultimate Car For Mountain Residents
By STier on 08/31/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I live in the mountains of Southern California and I couldn't imagine that there is a car better suited for me. I've had this car for a year now and have had absolutely no problems with it. The car has insane power. Very comfortable and smooth on the freeway. The biggest bonus for me though, is that you can drive this car in snow! I've driven up to Big Bear with literally 3.5 ft. of snow on the ground without a single slip, no chains needed! This is the ultimate car to have if you live in the mountains.

Wow. Just wow.
By Matt on 08/27/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

I traded up from a VW GTi VR6, and I am just stunned at how powerful a machine the STi is. The VR6 was no slouch, but the STi is a sports car, not a "sporty car". The acceleration is brutal (in a good way), and can keep up with a BMW M3 and most Porsches. While people get caught up in the acceleration numbers (Car and Driver drove a stock STi from 0-60 in 4.6 seconds), it's the handling that sold me. Tight, responsive, you always feel in control of the car. It's true the ride is a bit noisy and stiff, with minimal comforts (the GTi felt more luxurious), but one test drive sold me. I thought the expression "it puts a smile on my face" was a cliche until I drove an STi.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.