2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
An Engineering Thrill
By cwert99 on 01/27/06 09:26 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the All Wheel Drive! Good, quiet highway ride. The car handles amazing, especially in decreasing radius turns! Impressive driveability in all conditions. The 5 speed manual transmission is smooth and crisp. Amazing torque from the boxer engine. Solid build quality (built much better than comparable Toyotas and Hondas). On my first tank of gas, I averaged 27 MPG during mixed, yet spirited driving. The premium audio system is well above average. Great value and low depreciation make this car an excellent choice for the subcompact segment. Five days after owning it, I woke up at 7AM and went to Starbucks to get coffee - 25 MILES AWAY just to drive it!

Could have had a bigger car
By Jimmy Pelaez on 01/20/06 22:24 PM (PST)

We have been pleased with the experience at the dealer but after 550 miles we are finding out that the poor gas mileage for the size of the car is very poor. We have not been close to the mileage that is advertised. Barely get 16 to 18 MPG. My other SUV with a V8 gets the same mileage. Not happy with that.

Fun and practical
By lamtrc on 01/17/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

200hp+ cars nowadays are a dime for a dozen, but not many get it all in one package. The WRX Wagon is compact enough for city dwellers, yet it can swallow a couple extra pieces of luggage or that big-screen tv. Please try that with the new Civic Si. AWD for extra traction in rain or light snow. Roof-rack for a kayak or ski trip. It is no M5 or Corvette, but performance and handling are superb for the price. Can't find anything else like that for $25,000. Unless you are into brands, forget about that 325xi wagon and get the WRX. Then, put the money that you just save in a mutual fund account. One big drawback for young buyers is high insurance costs.

Fun in the sun
By kevin kereluik on 01/04/06 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a joy to drive; not only did I shave 20 minutes off my 2 hour commute, but I truly enjoy the drive. The acceleration, even when already in fifth gear is impressive. At the dealership I was not intending to purchase the WRX, however a 5 minute test drive left me wanting more time behind the wheel.

Good Car
By Ira on 12/13/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I like the size of this car because it fits perfectly in my small garage in San Francisco. Very powerful (you will noticed the difference from Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic). However would suggest to manufacturer to place a lock on the trunk door and have additional light in front. My new car had auto door lock problem (worked intermittently) but was fixed by the dealer satisfactorily. I've had it for over 2 months and love it.

Great car
By Evan on 12/08/05 21:06 PM (PST)

Take my review with perspective. A 10 in any category is outstanding. For instance, a 10 in performance would be something with Corvette Z06, or better, performance. A 10 in comfort might be a SL500 or Maybach, and a 10 in fuel economy a Prius. With that in mind this is a great vehicle. I moved from a '95 M3 to this vehicle and, within context, am happier about my transportation. The Subaru Outback Sport SE is relatively nimble, efficient and comfortable. It is also very utilitarian by nature and provides a great compromise to those not seeking performance, utility, versatility, and reliability. All in all great car.

Flawless AWD
By Seattle on 11/17/05 17:41 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great multi purpose car for a young couple or older folks without children and also for you single folks too. For '06 the more powerful engine mated to the automatic is perfect. From a stop this car is a little rocket, and passing at highway speeds is not a problem. This car comes with all the safety features STANDARD! You don’t have to pay extra for side airbags or antilock brakes. And to having a bullet proof AWD system is great. The front seats are fairly comfortable but the back seats are better suited for children. Ride and handling are great for what ever kind of driving you do. And the new projector headlights are awesome for nighttime visibility.

Glad That We Selected This Vehicle
By Don Mills on 11/16/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After what seemed to be an endless search for a new vehicle we purchased a 2006 Outback Sport with a 5 speed manual transmission. We have been driving it for several weeks and like it better all the time. The fuel economy has been better than we had expected. So far, the worst has been 26.5 mpg and the best 29.6 mpg. This has been in our normal day-to-day driving and does not include any long highway trips. Compared to the new cars that we have owned in the past, the build quality is excellent. We have noticed only one small problem, a defective seam in one tail light unit which allows water to enter while going through the car wash. To drive it is to enjoy it.

Better than before
By Michael Squeo on 10/29/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last car was an '02 Outback. The '06 has a much better engine and the transmission gearing on the 5-speed is much improved. It looks like they took about 350 - 400 RPMs off at 70mph, which makes for a better ride and improved mileage. By 1500 miles I hit 29 mpg and I'm hoping to hit 30 soon. The black and grey cloth interior is absolutely beautiful. EVERYONE comments about it. With the black exterior the car looks sharp. The standard exhaust system even sounds better, especially at low RPMs. There is no better bargain on the road today. Why no one else is building well priced AWD vehicles continues to amaze me.

2006 Impreza
By Donna on 10/27/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a hot little car. The get up and go is fabulous. The ride is smooth and easy. The controls are very ergonomically situated.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.