2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Returned home
By Chris on 06/24/06 23:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new impreza - I had a Forester years ago, then tried other cars for fuel economy. None impressed me as much as my Subaru, and I think I'm a fan for life.

Turner Ready
By DANO on 06/22/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turner ready says it all. Excellent inexpensive platform to build on or just leave alone. Fun to drive and offers the wallet a break and the flexibility to add as funds become available. I would start with the brake cables, coil overs and then pipes. Easy to install and easier to enjoy.

So much fun for so little dough
By Daily_Driver on 06/21/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The STi's performance rivals, no, outright destroys so-called sports cars 3-4 times its price. 0-60 well under 5 seconds, with no serious performance degradation in the wet (thanks to the AWD), this car just keeps giving and going. And it has 4 doors and a usable trunk to boot...amazing!

GREAT CAR
By ato220 on 06/21/06 05:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After driving this car for 3 months, I am still amazed at the direct connection between my right foot and a smile. I love it when any Mustangs or Camaros that pull up next to me at red lights, they fade quickly in the rear view mirror. If I were to find a downside to this powerful performance sedan, it would have to be gas mileage. I've averaged around 20 mpg, but then again this could be because that gas pedal is so addictive.

Go drive it!
By Mathias on 06/19/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. Looked at the Mazda 3, Hyundai Tiburon, Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, Ford Focus, and more. The Impreza is in a class by itself, and sells for about the same price as the others given the amount of standard options. Very safe car with AWD for the winter season and a blast to drive. I can't say enough good things about it. Anyone considering a sedan for under $20K needs to check this out. Keep in mind the mechanical advantage over the competition (ie: AWD and the boxer engine).

FUN 2 DRIVE
By GRAY on 06/14/06 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have wanted a WRX for some time now, but could not afford one. Subaru offered a sweet lease deal on the 2.5i that we couldn't pass up. $199 a month with NO money down (4yr. lease). It turned out to be a really fun car to drive. Felt sorry for the salesman during my test drive. He had to hang on tight a couple of times. But hey, it was MY test drive! Great build quality.

What a great car...
By Cabriniman on 05/24/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is such a great car! I have been looking for an all-around performer that is easy on the wallet and this is it. I don't know of any other cars in which you get a four door, turbo charged, all wheel drive, reliable, and super fun ride for around $23,000. I test drove a 2005 WRX last summer and was sorely disappointed. Way too much turbo lag. The 2006 virtually eliminates that problem and you have more choices. I love that this car is a "stealth speeder" without the spoiler too. This car has a great ride and handles well. I actually get decent gas mileage too (25-27 regularly). I highly recommend at least a test drive as I was completely blown away with the 2006!

Great performer, for the price
By Sypher on 04/27/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ignore all the reviews for the car and look at it like this. You can get these for 23K out the door if you're good. It's got the STI 2.5 liter in it. Ebay TurboBack exhaust $500, STi Intercooler $300, Cobb Accessport (ECU) $650, STI Turbo Ebay ($400), you now have 280 horsepower to the wheels and will smoke stock STI's and EVO's and get the same gas mileage, for oh, say less then two grand, bringing the total price to $25 grand and you have STI speed ...WOW. $25K is still lower then sticker on a base WRX ... Nuff said, this car has more potential then the older WRX's and any other car out there in the same price bracket, period. :)

Most fun to drive
By Sam on 04/26/06 22:58 PM (PDT)

The STI is the most fun to drive out of all the cars I have ever driven. Acceleration, top end speed, handling can not be beat. If they would only change the front end back to the way it was, it would be perfect!

Killer Grocery-Getter
By Ted on 04/26/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I previously owned an 03 Mustang Cobra with over 500 HP, so I was a little concerned about taking a 200-horse beating ...however... this car is amazing. It handles like it's on rails, and the brakes will bloody your nose. I am happy I made the trade!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.