2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fast Car
By midlifeonthecheap on 10/07/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I looked at various cars: '05 Mustang GT, '06 BMW 3 series, Mazda 6. I drove the '05 WRX and liked it. When I drove the '06, it was love at first drive. Torque Monster! Love the motor! On the tollway, in 5th gear at 2500 rpm, no need to downshift - goose it and away you go. This is not a rubber band on/off motor. I like the new look; the body still is a bit dated looking to my eyes. The front wheels seem set back too far. I have yet to find the "let go" limits in this car. I will need some time in a big empty parking lot because it has a tenacious grip on the road. Very neutral feeling, I believe when it does let go it will slide on all fours instead of over or understeering. Happy so far.

Muscle Car Convertee
By Over 40 on 09/19/05 20:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I needed to face the reality of a 100 mile round trip commute in New England weather. My aging Ford Ranger (winter) and Mustang GT (summer) had both served me well, but with gas prices, it was time to find a vehicle that could serve my year-round needs and my need for speed, as well. The 2006 WRX Limited is the perfect combination of power, agility,and handling. Subaru owners I have spoken with attest that these cars are very capable in the snow, and don't have the gas guzzling traits of SUV's. I have 600 miles on it in one week, and have seen 28 mpg highway, and 24 mpg with lots of around-town mixed in. As a lifelong GMC and American muscle fan, I am extremely impressed. A-1 quality!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.