2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
A better STi
By Eric on 09/03/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As the happy owner of a 2004 STi, I was blown away with the new front end design of the 2006 model. In no time I had a 2006 Blue STi with gold wheels. This is one of the most amazing cars on the road. Power is impressive over 3000 rpm, but some slight turbo lag is evident below this range. But once the turbo is on boost, look out, you will be hitting redline before you know it. What's even more impressive about this car is its handling and braking. I regularly enter corners at speeds my mind is telling me are too fast, but the car grips without protest. This is truly one of the most forgiving performance cars I've driven. And it stops as well as it goes. Let's just say the brakes are awesome.

Nothing else like it....
By Arpeggio4u on 08/27/05 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Noisy, but nothing competes for the money. I am early for work now, because driving this car is so much fun! It's as comfortable (more so actually) on gravel as it is on the highway. Wish list ... variable suspension, and a bit more sound protection (liquid filled engine mounts do help) for longer trips.

Subaru WRX STi
By WRX OWNER on 08/26/05 19:25 PM (PDT)

I bought the WRX STi a few weeks ago and I can tell you that this car certainly lives up to its name. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I live in the mountains of southern California where there are a lot of windy and hilly roads, which make this car all the more fun to have. It never has a problem climbing any hill. It accelerates from 0-60 in about 5 seconds and the handling ability is unbelievable. The hood scoop and spoiler never rattle around as I had read in some reviews, and also the turbo lag isn't that bad; in fact the low end torque on the STi is better than my dad's Porsche 911 Turbo which has 355hp. The 6 disc in-dash CD changer is of excellent quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.