2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Well Rounded
By bonesofstone on 05/08/07 07:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

The automatic version of this vehicle is quick after 2nd gear - which is fine. The exterior design always receives positive commentary. The interior design is very low key yet not boring.

WRX TR
By The Big Fungoo on 04/22/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive, great power and handling, good looks, good reliability. The ideal sporty car. Warp drive for less than $25,000.

What mean gas mileage??
By BAIC AW STI on 04/13/07 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is everything that I expected and much more. Sure this car is nearly 2x the HP of any previous car I've owned, also the first AWD vehicle. But it drives just like I wanted my dream car to be, after many years it's finally mine! I was and still remained so thrilled to get and own it. Acceleration, cornering, braking - all top notch for just over $30K.

Fun and Great!
By Jeremiah on 03/30/07 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing in some things and ok in others.Starting out with amazing things: great, AWD handles EXCELLENT in rain/snow/mud, great exterior style, drives very smoothly and takes corners very well, 26 MPG. Some of the things I dont like: jerky @ very low speeds in 1st/2nd gear not so much 2nd, inconsistent low fuel light and one rattle I've noticed under the steering wheel. This car has good pick up speed. The interior is pretty nice, but the seats could be a little more comfortable. Carpet in the car seems a little cheap, hard to get pine needles, dirt etc out of it.This was fixed by buying rubber floor mats I cut to customize fit. Overall a great buy, money well spent VERY safe and a blast.

The drag strip will clear any doubt.
By elliot on 03/27/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

Rev it up to 7K RPM, dump the clutch and everybody will have to play catch up including some modified cars. I had my doubts of its performance, but a trip to the local drag strip took care of it. I was highly impressed (13.4) of its performance for an unmodified car. It outperformed Evo, GTO, Mustang, Firebird, mod 350z, mod cobalt SS and several others; couldn't ask for more.

Fun and Practical
By Steve on 02/14/07 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at a lot of cars before buying this. I got a great deal at $17,750. $1000 instant rebate for end of year, and another $250 below dealer invoice - negotiated for one of the last '06s. Plenty of power, handles great, AWD is great in snow and on bumpy roads. I always look forward to driving it. Unless you do serious 4 wheeling or tow a boat, an SUV is not only a waste of gas, but MUCH, MUCH less fun to drive. I'm so glad to have a car that will do anything I need it to, plus it's a blast to drive. If you don't need AWD the Mazda 5 and Matrix are comparable, but for AWD nothing compare to a Subie at the price point. It drives like a $40,000 Audi or BMW, but is MORE reliable.

Fun Car
By porkfarm on 01/18/07 15:49 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I chose this over the EVO MR, because of the interior and the cruise control. I do have to admit that the EVO MR looked better from the outside; then again, I can’t see the outside when I am driving. STi is definitely built for the fun/excitement factor, not for comfort. It took a few days for me get use to that much hp and turbo and control, but now, it puts a smile on my face every time I step into the car. This or the EVO probably are the best performance machines (ignoring the comfort) for a sub $40k purchase. Definitely a car to consider before having kids. Other cars I considered were G35, 330i, TL, IS350, GTO, Cobra, 350Z.

Gone, Sold, Amazed
By KJ on 01/11/07 07:49 AM (PST)

I am a 40 year old man who has brought several cars/trucks back from the dead to a better than stock finish. I have enjoyed the muscle cars of the late 60's mainly and several foreign cars & trucks. I can honestly say I have never driven a bone stock car or any of my creations or creations of my friends that just flat out amazed me. BUT THIS CAR DID. For the money I still can't believe how good this car goes and handles. I sometimes go back and look at the blacktop to verify I'm not picking it up off the ground. I love this car on back roads especially, we ave plenty of them in WV. I just wish they had some type of license here that if you passed the test you could drive as fast as you want.

Like it more every day!
By JeffNColorado on 01/07/07 07:37 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very reluctantly traded my 100% trusty 2002 Toyota for this vehicle. Soon wondered why I had bought the Toy in the first place. This is our third Subaru, the last making it 81,000 miles with no repairs. This Outback is solid, sturdy, and fun to drive. I love the versatility of the wagon; so handy. Construction is excellent; no squeaks or rattles. Have to be patient with it on mountain roads - I just leave it in fourth. Beats my Dad's BMW 330xi 4x4 in snow and steering hands down. Fit and finish excellent. Currently 2,642 miles. I drive a LOT on the highway, it is very adequate. Don't expect to pass unless it's flat - engine gets wound up and sounds like an over-revved sewing machine.

Cool little 4X4
By Jeff B. on 01/04/07 00:12 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car. Third Subaru we've had. The other two were bulletproof. My daily driver is a Jaguar S-Type "R", and is wicked fast. But I'm finding lately I drive the Subie more, because it is so safe and stable (live in Colorado=SNOW). We traded a great Toyota that I loved for it and I don't regret it at all now. That little Subaru has a five star crash rating and that is important for my son. It tends to struggle a little on steep mountain passes (non-turbo model) but overall is quite adequate. Just don't be in a huge hurry to get up mountains. We love the car and are averaging 26 MPG (stick shift). I totally recommend it for safety, build quality and reliability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.