Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Lovin' it
By 1lap2go

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This has been a great car. It is so much fun to drive, too bad the law doesn't let me experience this car to its fullest extend. Everything is well thought out. Can't get used to the new model so I'll stick with this one.

Everything is so well laid out and driver friendly, really wouldn't change a thing.

Close ratio shifting could be a little better so that you have a better idea where you are at when you go from 2nd to 3rd. If you over do it, you find yourself way over at 5th.

Absolutely Love this Car!
By WRXracer256

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for about 3 and a half years and it now has 55,611 miles on it. I must say that this car is a beast. I love how it handles, accelerates, and brakes. It works wonderfully in the NJ snowstorms and can launch to 60 in under 5 seconds. The mileage is ok, but that's what you get for a turbocharged vehicle. I get about 18MPG all around on 93 Octane (Shell V-Power). I have driven this car around the country and have never doubted its reliability once. It has never left me stuck and has always brought me to point B safely. I recommend this car to everybody who enjoys a 5SPD and whiplash inducing thrust.

5 Speed Manual, SPT performance parts, AWD system, race inspired front seats, top mount intercooler and turbocharger, 6 CD changer, exhaust note and the great versatility.

AUX Jack from the 2007 WRX, HID headlights, Red "STI style" gauges, sportier exhaust. Just suggested add-ons but no complaints whatsoever.

Best Value in AWD
By SteveF

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Subie. I drove trucks for years, this was my first Subaru, it's so much nicer to drive and gets much better MPG. I get 23-25 city, and 27- 28 highway. It has a great compromise between power and economy. I can tow and launch my jetskis at the beach at Pismo, then haul up snow covered roads to ski on a powder day. No problems in 42,000 miles at all. I do more with my little Impreza that most people will ever do with their gas guzzling, boring and hard to drive SUVs. It makes me want to drive fast and race or jump it. Its rally car roots really show through.

Handling, power, economy, seats, boxer engine, symmetrical AWD works great in ice and snow, looks, tow rating.

Light in cargo area in wagon and map light on base model.

My Foul Weather Friend
By James

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There is no other comparable vehicle at the price. It cost around $21,000 at the time and is fairly loaded. All Wheel Drive (AWD) was not available in an American car, only trucks and SUVs, when I leased this vehicle. Every other AWD vehicle was well over $30,000. Although I drive conservatively, my favorite part of a trip is the twisty roads and exit ramps - because the car rides like it is on rails around turns. Heater works exceptional, even on the coldest Detroit, Cleveland and Pittsburgh days. 4 cylinder with plenty of power, even uphill and sips gas. Subaru builds quality small vehicles, not every manufacturer does that. Will probably purchase at the lease expiration.

The combination of All Wheel Drive with about 29-30 mpg on the highway and at least 25+mpg in the city. Good torque, even in the base 4 cylinder engine.

Seat belt chime silence after a few minutes. The chime is incessant while trying to warm the parked car up in winter. More comfortable headrest position, tends to always push my chin to my chest. What causes the Clunk on a cold day? It is like all the wheels are trying to get in sync.

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
By d

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my daily driver and I couldn't ask for a better, more reliable vehicle. Dependable in all weather, fun to just cruise or get to where you need to be in a hurry. MPG are respectable depending on driving style and the car is very versatile. I own several motorcycles so I threw a hitch on and due to the great torque, tow them to the track with no issues, or attach a mountain bike hauler into the receiver and head into the mountains. This car continues to make me smile after more than two years of ownership!!

Tons of aftermarket support for upgrades but still decent right outta the dealership. Good acceleration and Subarus have a sound all their own.

The only thing I can think of is having the back seat fold down completely to access the trunk rather than the slit in the middle.