2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Is there anything this car can't do?
By Jvs04 on 03/01/06 13:46 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Before this car I had a 2004 Subaru WRX. The car was modded to 340whp. I got tired of the suspension, brakes, and tranny so I decided to upgrade to an STI. Stock, I know this thing isn't as fast as my WRX, but it feels so much quicker, so much smoother, so much more nimble. The transmission is built like a tank and so smooth, especially with a short throw shifter. Power delivery is linear and there is little to no turbo lag. The brakes are insane and have an amazing bite to them. Buying this car was the best decision I've ever made.

Never Been So Happy To Drive
By jPage on 02/11/06 21:55 PM (PST)

I have been without a vehicle since 2002. I purchased the STi last month and my expectations were satisfied and were even overwhelmed. Especially by the pure power when you hit the gas pedal, and the ruggedness insures me that my purchase will go a very long ways and time.

Fun to drive.
By 138MustangGT on 02/10/06 23:35 PM (PST)

This is an exceptionally well mannered car. My wife has driven V8s by preference for 6 years now. BUT, the switch has begun. After being tired of the shoddy build quality of domestic automobiles, she decided to go import. Of course the M3 was her first choice, but that will come after she gets a job. For now, the fun to drive STi is her new favorite means of taking our sons to school and to the park and groceries and shopping and just driving because it's FUN. The ride remains comfortable even though the suspension is quick to answer the call of performance, and the cabin makes you feel more comfortable than one would think when looking from outside. She still hasn't stopped drooling.

Awesome
By STIHawk on 02/03/06 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for a a month and a half and it has been everything it is advertised as being. Awesome acceleration and handling. I have just over 2000 miles on it because I can't stop driving it. I highly recommend this vehicle ... can't wait for the summer.

BEST CAR EVER
By JOHNNY on 01/31/06 01:17 AM (PST)

I had a chance to test drive the Evo MR a day before I bought my STi and let me say that there was nothing to compare. The STi was in a class of its own. From start-up to shutdown it's all I ever wanted in a car. I have never smiled so much as do when I drive the STi, especially when a Mustang pulls next to me.

Monster
By Allan on 01/28/06 22:18 PM (PST)

Wow ... this is a monster. The performance is just out of this world. This car sells for $49,000 Canadian, but performance-wise goes toe to toe with such supercars as Ferrari, Porsche, etc. that are 3 to 4 times more expensive. The look on their faces is priceless when they just can't believe that their toys can't beat a Subaru, and a lot of times my STi actually leaves them in the dust (talking here especially about all the Audis, BMWs, Boxters, Mustangs, Firebirds, Camaros, previous generation Corvettes, some models of Ferraris, and the list goes on...). Can you believe that? I wouldn't if I didn't drive an STi. Considering the price this is a toy for a grown up boy, young at heart.

GREAT car overall
By ITW on 12/06/05 12:13 PM (PST)

Awesome power and handling. Very nice interior features with QUALITY build. Consumes a lot of gas but what do you expect out of a turbo car. I love the rumble of the boxer engine. Low beam lights are good for nothing since I can hardly see 20ft in front of me at night. High beams are wonderful though. It pulls nicely, but with more exhaust flow I can only imagine what this beast can do. I would buy this car over and over again.

Exhilarating Fun Drive!
By Britannic on 12/04/05 17:08 PM (PST)

I love turbocharged cars and for years was a loyal Saab owner, until GM diluted the brand. I wanted a turbocharged car that would stand out from the pack and deliver power, superb handling and excitement. The STi gives all of that and more; once I got used to the higher revving engine, this car is the most fun I've ever had. Performance off the line and handling through twisty mountain roads is tremendous; the Sube feels like it's on rails and I've yet to notice any body roll. Being European, I love the WRX's stiff suspension, which combines with the super precise steering and available power to provide very nimble handling and a real fun drive! I don't miss my Saab 9-3 Viggen at all!

Great Machine!
By Eddie Cat on 11/28/05 13:30 PM (PST)

I have to highly recommend this car to anyone thinking of buying one. I never drove the WRX, but I love this STI! If you live in a cold weather climate with snow, this is the ultimate performance car for you. Plus you can pass it off as being "practical". 300 HP & Torque is awesome. Shake off all the Fast and Furious wannabees with ease. One of the fastest cars I have driven ... drive one, you will buy one!

my 2006 STi "qwksti"
By qwksti on 10/13/05 19:22 PM (PDT)

This is a great sports car, and for the money you can't do much better. Looks are great, and I love the new ‘06 front end. And with the ‘06 improved DCCD is tied in with the steering. Better suspension, lower than the ‘05, smaller front scoop, smaller rear wing (1/2 inch I think) a second rear wing added, liquid filled engine mounts, new ground effects body styling, rear diffuser, standard 6 CD in dash CD player, 6 speakers with amp and sub, intercooler sprayer, 17' wheels, 2.5L 300hp @ 6k rpm, 300 torque @ 4k rpm, adjustable HID head lights, keyless entry. This is an amazing sports car. Very fast, the AWD is amazing, this car is well built, sturdy, solid, tight, lots of fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.