2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Turner Ready
By DANO on 06/22/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turner ready says it all. Excellent inexpensive platform to build on or just leave alone. Fun to drive and offers the wallet a break and the flexibility to add as funds become available. I would start with the brake cables, coil overs and then pipes. Easy to install and easier to enjoy.

GREAT CAR
By ato220 on 06/21/06 05:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After driving this car for 3 months, I am still amazed at the direct connection between my right foot and a smile. I love it when any Mustangs or Camaros that pull up next to me at red lights, they fade quickly in the rear view mirror. If I were to find a downside to this powerful performance sedan, it would have to be gas mileage. I've averaged around 20 mpg, but then again this could be because that gas pedal is so addictive.

Go drive it!
By Mathias on 06/19/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. Looked at the Mazda 3, Hyundai Tiburon, Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, Ford Focus, and more. The Impreza is in a class by itself, and sells for about the same price as the others given the amount of standard options. Very safe car with AWD for the winter season and a blast to drive. I can't say enough good things about it. Anyone considering a sedan for under $20K needs to check this out. Keep in mind the mechanical advantage over the competition (ie: AWD and the boxer engine).

FUN 2 DRIVE
By GRAY on 06/14/06 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have wanted a WRX for some time now, but could not afford one. Subaru offered a sweet lease deal on the 2.5i that we couldn't pass up. $199 a month with NO money down (4yr. lease). It turned out to be a really fun car to drive. Felt sorry for the salesman during my test drive. He had to hang on tight a couple of times. But hey, it was MY test drive! Great build quality.

What a great car...
By Cabriniman on 05/24/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is such a great car! I have been looking for an all-around performer that is easy on the wallet and this is it. I don't know of any other cars in which you get a four door, turbo charged, all wheel drive, reliable, and super fun ride for around $23,000. I test drove a 2005 WRX last summer and was sorely disappointed. Way too much turbo lag. The 2006 virtually eliminates that problem and you have more choices. I love that this car is a "stealth speeder" without the spoiler too. This car has a great ride and handles well. I actually get decent gas mileage too (25-27 regularly). I highly recommend at least a test drive as I was completely blown away with the 2006!

Great performer, for the price
By Sypher on 04/27/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ignore all the reviews for the car and look at it like this. You can get these for 23K out the door if you're good. It's got the STI 2.5 liter in it. Ebay TurboBack exhaust $500, STi Intercooler $300, Cobb Accessport (ECU) $650, STI Turbo Ebay ($400), you now have 280 horsepower to the wheels and will smoke stock STI's and EVO's and get the same gas mileage, for oh, say less then two grand, bringing the total price to $25 grand and you have STI speed ...WOW. $25K is still lower then sticker on a base WRX ... Nuff said, this car has more potential then the older WRX's and any other car out there in the same price bracket, period. :)

Fantastic Ride!
By Love this car!! on 04/21/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you're looking for a really fun car to drive with performance and good looks to spare- this is it. I was once considering purchasing the new Civic Si, but after driving both of them, it was a no-brainer. Great bang for buck value too. There are of course a few things I would improve upon, but overall I love this car.

Great Car For 22K
By Julian on 04/21/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fast, very reliable, very tunable though fast from the factory. Getting it over 300 hp is very simple. It drives perfect in whatever terrain you put it in. For the money I don't feel any car comes close, Cobalt SS or Evo ($30G is too much). Running 13.86 stock into the low 13s now. Great car for the money, they will be coming out with a new model in two years but with the 2.5 motor, great seats, and endless possibilities with the aftermarket, this car is a go.

Amazing performance car for the money!
By Chiketkd on 03/24/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I test drove the '06 WRX TR as well as an '05 Legacy GT and '05 Mazda RX-8. The WRX was the hands-down winner due to its perfect blend of performance and utility. I have lots of room for my son's carseat in the back (latch hooks are a great convenience) and the trunk is extremely roomy when lugging his stuff around. Acceleration is unbelievable, the new 17" wheels & brakes are amazing and handling at the limit is very predictable. A switch to better tires than the stock all-seasons is a must. I'm getting around 25mpg in mixed city/highway which is spectacular for a car capable of 0-60 in ~5.5secs and a 1/4 mile in the upper 13's. For a car costing around $24K, this is an amazing bargain!

Awesome Car
By Jim on 02/16/06 17:21 PM (PST)

This is our family's third Subbie, and still impressed. My WRX is more fun to drive, has great performance, handling and fuel mileage. A perfect car for Western PA driving. Love the interior and refinements of climate control, sun roof, heated leather sport seats. And the awesome WR Blue color. Super Fun Car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.