Used 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Wagon Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Who Needs a WRX?
By Jason M

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's official: no one needs a WRX. I'm sure the WRX is a blast to drive, but the 173 horses in this base model with a very sporty manual is a great thrill in and of itself. Not to mention, I'm $6,000 dollars richer for choosing the base 2.5i. This car handles superbly on roads and highways alike, and is as stable as much bigger cars, what with the engine being so low in the engine compartment. And of course, you get AWD and Subaru reliability. Also to be commended is the basic, no-options package that you get with the car. I did get some accessories myself because of my personal desires, but this car is very nicely outfitted for the entry level segment. I love it! Can't wait to drive it more!

All-Wheel Drive, the standard shifter, the new look of the front end, standard alloy wheels, really comfortable seats, the hatch (I highly recommend the wagon over the sedan; the MSRP is the same, and the sedan's trunk is SMALL and the seats don't fold down! Might as well get free cargo room!).

Rear seats are a little tight (I have big friends). No climate control or sunroof is available. The WRX limited comes with a sunroof and climate control, can't they at least make it AVAILABLE on the base model?

Impreza 2.5i M5 Wagon
By ZB

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased an 2006 M5 2.5i wagon. This will be my wife's car and she has enjoyed the first 500 miles. We love the redesign for 2006, really like the side impact air bags, and the new lights look and work great. Interior is well built but the driver's seat is slightly uncomfortable for my 6'3" size during longer trips; a tiltable seat cushion would fix this problem. Better fuel economy would be nice, but AWD is a trade off. We live in snow country and AWD is a nice safety feature as are the airbags and Subaru's other safety features. We are very pleased so far with our Subaru.

Sport suspension tuning while retaining good ride quality, Easy clutch/shifter operation, Subaru reliability, excellent new head and tail lights.

Make an adjustable seat cushion for people with long legs, improve fuel economy, better base sound system.