2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
AWD supercar!
By Fernslinger on 07/07/06 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is awesome. The handling and acceleration blows cars away at 2-3 times the price. The build quality is great and I love the way it looks. I really enjoy driving this car!

So much fun for so little dough
By Daily_Driver on 06/21/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

The STi's performance rivals, no, outright destroys so-called sports cars 3-4 times its price. 0-60 well under 5 seconds, with no serious performance degradation in the wet (thanks to the AWD), this car just keeps giving and going. And it has 4 doors and a usable trunk to boot...amazing!

Most fun to drive
By Sam on 04/26/06 22:58 PM (PDT)

The STI is the most fun to drive out of all the cars I have ever driven. Acceleration, top end speed, handling can not be beat. If they would only change the front end back to the way it was, it would be perfect!

Killer Grocery-Getter
By Ted on 04/26/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I previously owned an 03 Mustang Cobra with over 500 HP, so I was a little concerned about taking a 200-horse beating ...however... this car is amazing. It handles like it's on rails, and the brakes will bloody your nose. I am happy I made the trade!

WOW! Never Fails to Impress...
By Craig on 04/06/06 22:29 PM (PDT)

This car is amazing. From twisty back roads to highway cruising, it carves through miles and traffic like a hot knife through butter. Suspension is soft enough to not kill your back, but firm when it needs to be. Grip is good, but can be improved with 235/40 tires replacing the stock 225's. Power is fine, even low-end grunt is adequate, but the real treat happens after a very brief turbo spool-up...then holy cats! Basically, find the biggest, toughest guy you know and stick him in the passenger seat. Accelerate from a stop to 70mph getting on the highway and watch his face go white with terror and then start giggling like a schoolgirl...works every time.

A Fantastic Road Car
By Don Adams Albany NY on 04/04/06 01:39 AM (PDT)

I have owed 3 Subaru WRX's. This time I got the STI. Fast, determined, predictable and so easy to drive. I could live in this car and drive it 24 hours a day. It safely takes me to and from work and the performance on the highway keeps me from harms way. All wheel drive is killer in the winter. Braking is amazing and handling superb. I am in love with my car.

IT ROCKS!
By MadMax511 on 03/25/06 01:53 AM (PST)

I previously owned a 2002 WRX and so I was very aware of the ability of the boxer engine and performance. But it still floored me! This car has the power to take on cars twice the price and more. And all wheel drive allows me to drive anytime a year and just about anywhere. The handling is greatly improved. ITS ALL GOOD!

2006 STi review
By Rajesh on 03/23/06 14:29 PM (PST)

Overall a great car under the hood. Performs great, drives good, handles sweet, but mind you, I have only 1000K on it. I have few gripes on the initial quality; front speaker vibrates, wiper wash jet doesn't work, driver side door latch doesn't open. I have to basically roll down the window and let myself out. I think Subaru took the racing pedigree bit too far :- ). I have not taken it past 3000 RPM, will let you know after the engine break in period.

A great performer
By Nick on 03/22/06 07:54 AM (PST)

I have owned two STi's in the past 3 years. They are great cars. Both of mine are highly modified and can handle immense amounts of stress. The car is a great daily driver, comfortable, good mpg, amazing handling, and much more. This is a great car if you want to go play in the mud and then go beat up on some Corvettes. The next car with as great bang for the buck as the STi is the $70,000 Corvette Z06.

Head Turner
By 1lap2go on 03/09/06 09:18 AM (PST)

I love the AWD driving experience, coupled with the performance the STi delivers. It is a ball to drive. It's a fair weather car for me. I still have a lot of money in my pocket with a car that can dust off BMW's and the like with ease.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.