2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great performer/handler, fun/practical
By Mike on 10/12/06 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Power and handling are excellent, but if you're used to a torquey V6 (Maxima in my case), the turbo-4 power delivery takes getting used to. WRX is, and feels, small and light. Sound system seems weak to me, but probably because my Maxima's was pretty good. Same with interior. It looks good, but after a while it feels a little econo, and there are rattles. My Maxima NEVER rattled. This car looks hot. Styling, wheels, spoiler, side sills. The Limited package could include more. Up in Legacy GT price range, but Legacy is probably a better buy. Outstanding all-around car (very fun!), but if you have a Maxima (or similar) and want a Subaru, Legacy GT might be a better choice.

Subaru 2.5i - great car
By Al on 09/03/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a lot of fun to drive, very responsive, great handling. It is built like a tank, no funny noises anywhere so far (I've had the car for 4 months). Suspension is awesome, you can pass a speed hump at 30 mph and you won't feel it. Great brakes, had no problem stopping on wet roads. I am waiting for winter to see how the AWD behaves. Overall is the best car I could find, a lot of value for the price.

Great buy!
By Joey S. on 09/01/06 00:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car after researching it for months. It lived up to what I had read. Great handling, outstanding performance, and excellent dependability. Plus the AWD and safety ratings made the WRX a great fit for me. I enjoy also being able to get a high performance vehicle in an automatic. Not all of us want to take it to the track every weekend, even though it might be capable of that, but for those of us who drive in the city, I enjoy the easy drive of the auto. Plus having performance, styling, and 4 doors is great.

Little Red Ru Rocks!
By chef tim on 08/31/06 18:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We had a 2005 2.5 RS that we traded on our 2006 WRX TR. I was absolutely thrilled with the difference in performance. I have owned dozens of Subarus and my experience with new ones is just as pleasurable as with my older ones. We will continue to be loyal Subaru owners well into the future.

I love this Impreza
By John H on 07/31/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a 4WD or AWD due to the location of my house. So I test drove the BMW 325xi &330xi. Both are really nice cars but way over priced. So I decided to get the Impreza and save the money for the kid's college. This car handles as good as the BMW. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I just want to drive it for no reason because it's so much fun to drive. I put in the aftermarket real xenon headlights; now everything is much brighter at night. The stock headlights are quite bright but it's still a big difference with the xenon. Now, I sneak out at night just to drive on the curvy roads in my town.

Best Car I,ve driven
By Blubaru on 07/16/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is soo much fun to drive compared to my 2001 Legacy L. My 2006 Impreza 2.5i's performance and handling just bring a big smile on my face each and every time. I really do try to find reasons to drive this car. My wife was so impressed that she too got a 2006 Impreza 2.5i wagon.

TR is disappointing
By JBiz on 07/15/06 00:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For 23k the TR WRX is a very fast car. 0-60 in approximately 6 seconds. It's very fun to drive and I love all of the attention I get while driving it. If i had the chance to buy it all over again...I would upgrade to a Limited. I don't think I have enough love to spend $30k on an STi. I'd rather own a BMW if I were to spend $30k+.

Subaru...Love it!
By soulxchill on 07/07/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my VW Golf for the Impreza 2.5i sedan. I wanted the WRX but can't swing the cash. For the money, the Impreza 2.5i is outstanding. You can really feel the 170 HP because the car is so light. The boxer engine shifts smooth as silk. The AWD is also excellent. This car handles very well for its class and feels super solid when driving. it really is a blast to drive. I have no trouble getting on the gas at 60mph to blow by someone on the highway, the torque and HP are great. I ask for the power and it's there! You really couldn't get a better car for the money.

Awesome Car!
By dave on 07/02/06 04:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car a month ago, and I love it even more now that when I bought it. It hauls and handles like a champ. It is just as sure footed in the rain too. The stock stereo and speakers are pretty wimpy, but other than that, this car is unbelievable!

Returned home
By Chris on 06/24/06 23:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new impreza - I had a Forester years ago, then tried other cars for fuel economy. None impressed me as much as my Subaru, and I think I'm a fan for life.