2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Best all round value
By raf1919 on 03/03/08 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This car packs a punch, people underestimate its power and speed all the time.

Wonderful car
By smurf007blue on 02/12/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I suggest if you ever get the opportunity to buy this car and it is within your grasp, do it. It is a really reliable car so fun to drive. Keep in mind however it can take a little getting used to if you're tall.

I'm impressed
By A guy on 09/19/07 21:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2006 Impreza 2.5i almost a year ago now. So far the car has remained reliable and cheap to maintain. I had a minor problem with the exhaust plumbing that was fixed under warranty, but other than that just oil changes and an alignment. The car has enough power to have spirited acceleration. The turn-in is sharp and precise; good steering feel, shifter is smooth and fluid, seats offer good support. The interior is a good driver's environment with excellent touch points. The car handles very well on both dry and wet pavement.

What a Car
By Capt.EMS on 07/11/07 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Subaru (1 outback, 1 legacy, 1WRX, and this vehicle), and this is the best one yet. It handles perfectly, and the gas mileage is unbelievable. I use this vehicle as a first responder car and I have beaten even the police cruisers to calls. There is not a single thing I would improve on the vehicle.

Sweet ride for the money
By Jon on 06/13/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

My WRX is a fun yet very practical car. Although it does not have tons of power, it is very quick getting up to 80 which makes highway driving good. It has stable and precise steering. Gas mileage isn't great, but it beats most other AWD/4WD vehicles out there. The stock tires are not a good performance tire and are pretty crappy in snow. Not a lot of storage space, but not so small it is useless (I have the sedan, the wagon would be a better choice for some). You can't beat it for the price.

Well Rounded
By bonesofstone on 05/08/07 07:37 AM (PDT)

The automatic version of this vehicle is quick after 2nd gear - which is fine. The exterior design always receives positive commentary. The interior design is very low key yet not boring.

WRX TR
By The Big Fungoo on 04/22/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive, great power and handling, good looks, good reliability. The ideal sporty car. Warp drive for less than $25,000.

This car is IT
By mike06tr on 12/04/06 16:07 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Man I love this car. After wanting one for few years, when the 06 with the 2.5 came out I jumped on it. With a couple minor bolt ons I am just as fast as cars costing twice as much. 13.30 1/4 mile@ 101mph not bad for $23k. My last car was a 460hp Mustang so I like power.

I Love My Subie!--Greeley, CO
By Landon-21 years old on 10/27/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

W O W ! This is a great car for the money. Compared to other 4 door sedans under $20,000 this one knocks the doors off the competition. This car is so practical and fun and well its a great car. I hope that if you are looking for a car that you definitely consider Subaru. By the way I get 21 city & 26 hwy, so decent gas mileage also especially considering it is an automatic and has AWD.

Hello Safe Drivers: Get the LEGACY
By anne on 10/13/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Race-car drivers can ignore this. Smart, safe drivers should get the Legacy. My Buick skid on a wet road and crashed badly. Wanted Subaru Legacy for AWD and safety features, but decided to save money and get Impreza. AWD is great. No one regrets buying Legacy. Gas mileage is better in small car, but Legacy is the better car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.